'I'm Not Worried' - Arteta Reveals Arsenal Are Doing Their Best To Keep Bukayo Saka, BalogunPublished: June 30, 2020
Manager Mikel Arteta has revealed that Arsenal are doing everything possible to keep two Nigeria-eligible attack-minded players in Bukayo Saka and Folarin Balogun who both have one-year remaining on their contracts with the club.
Saka and Balogun have been offered fresh contracts but talks are not progressing as rapidly as Arsenal had hoped, and they risk losing the two players next summer amid the contract wrangle.
While the likes of Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund are monitoring the situation of the left winger, Balogun attracted concrete interest from Brentford in the winter transfer market.
Speaking to reporters at Tuesday's press conference ahead of the Premier League match vs Norwich City, the Spanish football tactician was asked whether he's worried that Arsenal can't hold on to young players.
Arteta was quoted as saying by arsenal.com : "I am not worried because I know that the club is doing their best to try to keep them [Bukayo and Folarin Balogun].
"Hopefully we can have some good news about them very soon. They know my opinion on them and how much I like working on them, the intention that I have in the future with them.
"I see them really committed and hopefully we can find the right agreement for both parties and move on, because I think there's a great future ahead of us with these kids."
Arteta will be extremely keen to retain Saka as the Hale End Academy product has broken into the starting lineup and is capable of playing several roles on the pitch.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Southampton Sweat Over Fitness Of Versatile Playmaker Tella Pre-Manchester United
- Club Brugge Coach Convinced Sheffield United-Linked Dennis Is A Premier League Material
- Former West Ham Striker Points Out Major Difference Between Bukayo Saka And Chelsea's Hudson-Odoi
- Ex-Newcastle Star Reveals Okocha Almost On The Same Level As Barcelona Icon Ronaldinho
- 'Bruno Fernandes Is A Top Player' - Iheanacho Names Portuguese Among 3 Man Utd Stars That Could Derail Leicester's UCL Hopes
- Crotone's Super Eagles Star Close To Matching Personal Best After Netting 18th Goal Of Season
- England Manager Southgate To Run The Rule Over Nigeria Target Saka Against Manchester City
- Official : Former Chelsea Defender Rejects Contract Offer, Departs Cheltenham Town
- Augsburg Winger Noah Bazee Market Value Reaches Joint All-Time High
- Official : Austrian Bundesliga Club SC Rheindorf Altach Announce Signing Of Austrian-Nigerian Edokpolor
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football