England Manager Southgate To Run The Rule Over Nigeria Target Saka Against Manchester CityPublished: July 10, 2020
England manager Gareth Southgate will monitor Anglo-Nigerian winger Bukayo Saka at close quarters when Arsenal face off with Manchester City in the semifinal of the FA Cup on Saturday, July 18.
According to the Daily Mail, Southgate has been given the green light by the English Football Association to attend the semifinal matches involving Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.
The Three Lions boss' first scouting mission post lockdown is to run the rule over the exciting young talents in the ranks of the Manchester and London clubs, including Saka, Mason Greenwood and Phil Foden.
Should Saka catch the eye of Southgate, he stands a good chance of being invited to the England squad for their UEFA Nations League matches against Iceland and Denmark.
The Hale End Academy product is a target for the Nigeria Football Federation, with President Amaju Pinnick likening the teenager to a goldfish with no hiding place.
Gernot Rohr's scout in London, Tunde Adelakun has been keeping tabs on Saka since he broke into the Arsenal first team with a view to a call-up to the Super Eagles if he switches his allegiance from England to Nigeria.
The 18-year-old became provisionally cap-tied to his country of birth at the European U17 Championship two years ago and also has caps for the Young Lions at U16, U18 and U19 levels.
Last year, the English Football Association beat their Nigerian counterparts to the services of Chelsea duo Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori, who were both extensively courted by Pinnick before they became cap-tied to the Three Lions.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Confirmed : Tottenham Hotspur's Nigeria-Eligible Defender Eyoma Signs Two New Deals
- 'Always Believe' - Chelsea Loanee Moses Reacts To Inter Milan's Win Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Nigeria U23 Defender Tipped For Return To Galatasaray After Unsuccessful Loan Spell
- Arsenal, West Ham, Palace-Linked Playmaker Eze Chooses His Preferred Destination
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Teenagers Land In Lisbon With Manchester City First Team Pre-Lyon
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Called Upon From The Bench As Inter Beat Bayer Leverkusen
- 16-Year-Old Nigerian Defender Training Alongside Sancho And Co. At Borussia Dortmund Training Camp
- Stoke City Weighing Up Move For Champions League, Europa League Winner Mikel
- Glasgow Rangers New Star Balogun Named To Scottish Premiership TOTW
- 'Pogba Has Great Influence On The Pitch' - FC Copenhagen Hero Ijeh Backs Man Utd To Beat Danish Powerhouse
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football