Arsenal Player Of The Month June : Bukayo Saka Finishes Second Behind Versatile Left-backPublished: July 13, 2020
Scotland international Kieran Tierney has beaten Bukayo Saka to Arsenal's Player of the Month award for June, informs the official website of the Gunners, arsenal.com.
The versatile left-back, signed from Scottish champions Celtic last summer, has dethroned the Hale End Academy product as the Player of the Month after finishing with forty percent of the vote cast.
Saka, the Player of the Month for March 2020, came second, while Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka finished third.
The 18-year-old went the distance in all the matches played by the north London club last month with the exception of the 2-1 defeat at Brighton, where he lasted 87 minutes on the AMEX turf and bagged an assist for his efforts.
At the start of this month, Saka ended speculation over his Arsenal future by putting pen to paper on a new multi-year contract with the club.
Three days later, he netted his first ever Premier League goal as Arsenal beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0.
His qualities have not gone unnoticed, with the English Football Association and Nigerian Federation battling to secure his services.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Team Of The EFL Playoffs : Fulham's Onomah, Wycombe's Onyedinma Named In Midfield
- UCL Squad Changes : Bayern's Musiala In Line To Face Ex-Club Chelsea; Man City's Bazunu In
- UEL Squad Changes : Getafe's Etebo In; Liverpool's Ojo, Istanbul Basaksehir's Okechukwu Out
- Arsenal Confirm Club's Assist King Saka Has Missed Out On Player Of The Season Accolade
- 'People Always Remember That Team' - Man Utd's Ighalo Inspired By 1996 Dream Team
- Napoli New Boy Osimhen Labelled ' Very Talented Young Man' By Blues Sporting Director
- Chelsea Looking To Offload One Of Their Longest-Serving Players, Victor Moses
- Arsenal Unlikely To Revive Interest In Eagles Star Due To Emergence Of Bukayo Saka
- Championship Playoff Final : Onomah Shines As Fulham Win N79 Billion Match Vs Brentford
- 'He Dominated Opposing Attackers' - Rangers New Star Balogun Named In SPFL TOTW
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football