Red Bull Salzburg's Adeyemi : 'Barcelona Will Always Be A Strong Club Even Without Messi'Published: July 25, 2020
Red Bull Salzburg wonderkid Karim Adeyemi was heavily courted by La Liga giants Barcelona before the Austrian champions fended off their interest in the striker, who inked a new multi-year contract in January.
With Lionel Messi, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Busquets,Luis Suárez, Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitić in the twilight of their careers, it has been suggested that Barcelona would struggle if their their experienced players hang up their boots, but Adeyemi has a different opinion.
In an interview with Transfermarkt, Adeyemi stated : "Barcelona is a club with many good and experienced players. Sure they are all getting older. But I think that they will make some good transfers.
"Barça will always be a strong club—even without Messi or other experienced players."
Adeyemi, 18, is in the running for the prestigious Golden Boy but he has played down his chances of winning the award, instead picking three German-based youngsters as his favourites.
"I wasn't too surprised, but at first didn't realize it—only after RB Salzburg posted something. I don't care too much whether I will make it to the next round.
"I am happy about the nomination, that matters. Considering the top players, who are still on the list, it will be hard to stand out.
"But I would like to make it to the next round. Why not? But I don't think I have a chance to win it.
"Jadon Sancho, Alphonso Davies, and, of course, Erling Haaland. Those three have deserved it the most. They have played a super season and made a big step in their development.
"They are my favorites and role models, who I want to emulate. "
Adeyemi contributed to 29 goals (13 goals, 16 assists) in 33 matches for Red Bull Salzburg teams over the course of the 2019-2020 season.
Photo Credit : redbullsalzburg.at
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Partizan Belgrade Striker Sadiq Scores Ronaldo-Like Backheel Goal Against His Favorite Opponent
- Glasgow Rangers B Coach Names Super Eagles Defender As His Standout Player In 3-0 Rout Of St. Mirren
- 'I Really Love Hammarby' - 'Little Messi' Amoo Ahead Of First Training Session After Landing In Sweden
- 20-Year-Old Fullback Bassey Makes Competitive Debut For Glasgow Rangers In 3-0 Win
- Onuachu On Target For Genk; Super Eagles Hopeful Dessers Scores Penalty On His Debut
- Odion Ighalo Lands In Cologne With Manchester United Squad Pre-FC Copenhagen
- Osimhen's Manager Reveals What Super Eagles Striker Told Him Before Napoli Faced Barcelona
- Italian Transfer Market Expert : Napoli Coach, Sporting Director Like Ex-Chelsea Star Aina
- Blackpool Inserted Sell-on Clause As Part Of Deal Taking Osayi-Samuel To QPR
- Victor Osimhen Watches Magical Messi Inspire Barcelona To Win Against Napoli
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football