Red Bull Salzburg's Adeyemi : 'Barcelona Will Always Be A Strong Club Even Without Messi'Published: July 25, 2020
Red Bull Salzburg wonderkid Karim Adeyemi was heavily courted by La Liga giants Barcelona before the Austrian champions fended off their interest in the striker, who inked a new multi-year contract in January.
With Lionel Messi, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Busquets,Luis Suárez, Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitić in the twilight of their careers, it has been suggested that Barcelona would struggle if their their experienced players hang up their boots, but Adeyemi has a different opinion.
In an interview with Transfermarkt, Adeyemi stated : "Barcelona is a club with many good and experienced players. Sure they are all getting older. But I think that they will make some good transfers.
"Barça will always be a strong club—even without Messi or other experienced players."
Adeyemi, 18, is in the running for the prestigious Golden Boy but he has played down his chances of winning the award, instead picking three German-based youngsters as his favourites.
"I wasn't too surprised, but at first didn't realize it—only after RB Salzburg posted something. I don't care too much whether I will make it to the next round.
"I am happy about the nomination, that matters. Considering the top players, who are still on the list, it will be hard to stand out.
"But I would like to make it to the next round. Why not? But I don't think I have a chance to win it.
"Jadon Sancho, Alphonso Davies, and, of course, Erling Haaland. Those three have deserved it the most. They have played a super season and made a big step in their development.
"They are my favorites and role models, who I want to emulate. "
Adeyemi contributed to 29 goals (13 goals, 16 assists) in 33 matches for Red Bull Salzburg teams over the course of the 2019-2020 season.
Photo Credit : redbullsalzburg.at
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- U23 AFCONQ Nigeria 0 Guinea 0 : Olympic Eagles walk tightrope after stalemate in Abuja
- After equaling Yakubu's record, Akpom could set new Middlesbrough record on Good Friday
- Dual national Gent goal machine Orban commits future to Nigeria over Togo
- Everton face a relegation battle again: Where has it gone wrong?
- Super Eagles camp update : All present and correct as Porto LB reports for international duty
- Arsenal's Super Eagles-eligible striker Balogun pulls out of England U21 squad
- How to find low deposit casinos for Nigerian players
- Eagles tactical session : Emphasis on crosses; Peserio experiments with Omeruo, Ajayi; Uzoho gets nod
- More drama Tuesday's training session as Super Eagles' CSO 'fights' with Nigerian journalists
- Parimatch : So much more than soccer
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football