Napoli's Osimhen Becomes 3rd Most Expensive African Player In History; Costliest Born In AfricaPublished: July 31, 2020
Victor Osimhen has become the third most expensive African player in history following his transfer from Lille to Napoli on Friday, July 31, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
According to respected transfer market reporter, Gianluca Di Marzio, the total cash outlay to buy Osimhen from Lille is fifty million euros.
Excluding performance related bonuses, the actual cost of Osimhen is 70 million euros, but four Napoli players - Karnezis, Claudio Manz, Ciro Palmieri and Luigi Liguori - costing a combined fee of 20 million euros were used as a makeweight in the deal taking the Nigeria international to Italy.
The Super Eagles number 9 is behind Nicolas Pepe who cost Arsenal 80m euros and Cedric Bakambu who was sold to Chinese club Beijing Guoan for 72.7m euros on the list of most expensive African players traded.
Though Pepe and Bakambu represent African nations internationally, they were both born in France, therefore, Osimhen is the costliest African-born player of all-time.
Osimhen was trained by Ultimate Strikers before his move to Europe at the age of 18, so the Lagos club will be paid a percentage of the 70m transfer fee by Napoli.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Confirmed : Tottenham Hotspur's Nigeria-Eligible Defender Eyoma Signs Two New Deals
- 'Always Believe' - Chelsea Loanee Moses Reacts To Inter Milan's Win Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Nigeria U23 Defender Tipped For Return To Galatasaray After Unsuccessful Loan Spell
- Arsenal, West Ham, Palace-Linked Playmaker Eze Chooses His Preferred Destination
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Teenagers Land In Lisbon With Manchester City First Team Pre-Lyon
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Called Upon From The Bench As Inter Beat Bayer Leverkusen
- 16-Year-Old Nigerian Defender Training Alongside Sancho And Co. At Borussia Dortmund Training Camp
- Stoke City Weighing Up Move For Champions League, Europa League Winner Mikel
- Glasgow Rangers New Star Balogun Named To Scottish Premiership TOTW
- 'Pogba Has Great Influence On The Pitch' - FC Copenhagen Hero Ijeh Backs Man Utd To Beat Danish Powerhouse
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football