'They Convinced Me To Part With €70m' - Napoli Chief Confirms Club Record Fee Paid For OsimhenPublished: August 01, 2020
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed that the club broke their transfer record following the capture of Victor Osimhen from Lille.
The Nigeria international cost 70 million euros and if the wages and bonuses over the duration of his contract are included, the fee could rise to 100 million euros.
Before Osimhen smashed the transfer record, Napoli's most expensive acquisition was Gonzalo Higuaín, who cost €39 million when he was signed from Real Madrid in July 2013.
Speaking with Sky Sport Italia on the signing of Osimhen, Laurentiis stated : "Gattuso and Giuntoli both wanted him, and they convinced me to part with €70m.
"With bonuses it can rise to €80m, and if you consider the wages which rise over the course of the deal overall this is a €100m+ deal.
"He is not a player we are expecting to be ready right away. He is not a 25-30 goal scorer, but he should bring an extra element of great play to the team, scoring and providing for his teammates".
Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed that Osimhen will wear Napoli's number 9 shirt for the upcoming season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Real Madrid Coach Zidane Explains Reasoning Behind Bringing On Akinlabi In Second Half
- Nantes' Simon, Racing Genk's Onuachu, Antwerp's Pius Score For Euro Clubs
- Akinlabi Enters The History Books As First Nigerian To Play Competitively For Real Madrid
- Ndidi Is A better CB Than Maguire, Lindelof Combined' - Fans Praise Leicester Emergency Center Back
- Akinlabi's Jersey Number Revealed Ahead Of Potential Debut For Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad
- Obi Mikel Suffers Defeat On Home Debut For Stoke City
- 'He's One For The Future' - Arsenal Winger Chooses Miguel Azeez As 'The Next Big Thing'
- Most Fouled Player Tella Shines Off The Bench For Southampton As Spurs' Kane Sets New EPL Record
- 'Osimhen Is So Incredibly Fast, Great Player ' - Fans React As Super Eagle Debuts For Napoli
- Official : Super Eagles Defender Shehu Returns To Cyprus To Join AC Omonia
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football