20-Year-Old Fullback Bassey Makes Competitive Debut For Glasgow Rangers In 3-0 WinPublished: August 09, 2020
Nigerian defender Calvin Ughelumba Bassey has made his competitive debut for Scottish Premiership side Glasgow Rangers, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Aged 20, the summer signing from Leicester City played the last 11 minutes as the Steven Gerrard-managed team thrashed St. Mirren 3-0 at Ibrox Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
The outcome of the matchday two Scottish Premiership fixture was all but decided when Bassey entered the pitch, with an own goal from Conor McCarthy and an Alfredo Morelos brace putting Rangers three goals to the good.
Though he often trained with the first team, Bassey was not included in any matchday squad during his time with Leicester City in England.
The left-back came close to grabbing a goal on his debut but was denied by a save from St. Mirren goalkeeper Alnwick.
Nigeria international Leon Balogun put in another solid 90-minute shift in defence as goalkeeper McLaughlin posted a shutout for the second consecutive game in the Premiership, while Joe Aribo started and was in action for 74 minutes.
Up next, Rangers face St Johnstone at Ibrox on Wednesday evening.
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- Fulham-Bound Winger Lookman Left Out Of RB Leipzig Squad To Face Bayer Leverkusen
- Balogun Among 3 Nigerian-Eligible Players Involved In Arsenal First Team Training Pre-Liverpool
- Done Deal : Atalanta's Italian-Nigerian Center Back Okoli Joins SPAL On Loan
- Man Utd Legend Yorke In Attendance As Shoretire Makes Full Debut In 8-Goal Thriller Vs Liverpool U23
- The Reason Anjorin Has Not Played For Chelsea Teams In The New Season
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football