16-Year-Old Nigerian Defender Training Alongside Sancho And Co. At Borussia Dortmund Training CampPublished: August 10, 2020
Nigeria-eligible central defender Nnamdi Collins has been called up to Borrusia Dortmund first team as they start preparations for the upcoming season, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Aged 16, Collins was among the 31 Dortmund players, including Jadon Sancho, Manuel Akanji and Erling Haaland, that arrived in Bad Ragaz, where they are holding their summer training camp for the tenth time, informs the official website of Borussia Dortmund.
Collins wasn't the only youth-teamer named in the traveling squad, with Youssoufa Moukoko, 15, and Ansgar Knauff, 18, also part of the group.
The Düsseldorf-born youngster took part in Dortmund's first training session on Monday afternoon upon their arrival in Switzerland.
Collins being selected by first team manager Lucien Favre for the pre-season training camp is a testament to the progress he has made in his career over the last one year as he has yet to make his competitive debut for the U19 team.
Last season, the Germany U16 captain scored an impressive 4 goals in 21 appearances in the B-Junioren Bundesliga West.
Collins joined Borussia Dortmund from the youth team of Fortuna Düsseldorf in the summer of 2016.
Photo Credit : derwesten.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football