German 2. Bundesliga Club St. Pauli Confirm Interest In Signing Ex-Flying Eagles MidfielderPublished: August 19, 2020
Sports director of German 2. Bundesliga side St. Pauli, Andreas Bornemann has confirmed that they are interested in signing former Nigeria U20 international Afeez Aremu.
Norwegian media reported that the IK Start holding midfielder is already in Germany for a medical checkup but Bornemann has denied that the transfer is a done deal as negotiations over a transfer fee are still ongoing.
"He has a profile that would suit us well. He is an interesting player who, despite his young age, has a lot of experience. He's a six and has played many games in this position," said Bornemann to Hamburger Morgenpost.
Andreas Bornemann went on to highlight the qualities of Aremu and noted that the Nigerian has several games under his belt in the Norwegian Leagues.
"He is very athletic, has good physicality and an aggressive duel. He has already played over 70 games, which is a real good number in Norway too."
A member of the Flying Eagles squad to last year's U20 Africa Cup of Nations, Aremu has been playing for IK Start since January 2018 after stops at Sunshine Stars, Rivers United and Akwa United.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football