German 2. Bundesliga Club St. Pauli Confirm Interest In Signing Ex-Flying Eagles MidfielderPublished: August 19, 2020
Sports director of German 2. Bundesliga side St. Pauli, Andreas Bornemann has confirmed that they are interested in signing former Nigeria U20 international Afeez Aremu.
Norwegian media reported that the IK Start holding midfielder is already in Germany for a medical checkup but Bornemann has denied that the transfer is a done deal as negotiations over a transfer fee are still ongoing.
"He has a profile that would suit us well. He is an interesting player who, despite his young age, has a lot of experience. He's a six and has played many games in this position," said Bornemann to Hamburger Morgenpost.
Andreas Bornemann went on to highlight the qualities of Aremu and noted that the Nigerian has several games under his belt in the Norwegian Leagues.
"He is very athletic, has good physicality and an aggressive duel. He has already played over 70 games, which is a real good number in Norway too."
A member of the Flying Eagles squad to last year's U20 Africa Cup of Nations, Aremu has been playing for IK Start since January 2018 after stops at Sunshine Stars, Rivers United and Akwa United.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- EFL Cup wrap : Lookman, Iheanacho score; Carney features vs Chelsea; Arsenal's Balogun subbed in
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football