UYL: Nigerian-Born Striker Scores 11-Minute Hat-trick As Red Bull Salzburg Beat Lyon To Reach SemisPublished: August 19, 2020
2017 winners Red Bull Salzburg have joined Ajax Amsterdam and Benfica in the semifinals of the Champions League for youth teams, UEFA Youth League following their 4-3 victory against Lyon on Wednesday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Three players of Nigerian descent started for the Austrian side - Bryan Okoh, Karim Adeyemi and Chukwubuike Adamu - and played key roles in the win, with the Red Bull Salzburg number 9, who was born in Nigeria, bagging an 11-minute treble.
Soumare headed Lyon in front after 30 minutes but the lead lasted nine minutes as Okoh headed home a corner to make it 1-1, before Adamu scored with another header to make it 2-1 on the stroke of half-time.
It was 3-1 in the 54th minute courtesy of Adamu and he got his hat-trick a minute later, taking his tally in this season's competition to six goals from six appearances.
Germany youth international Adeyemi provided two assists for the goals scored by Adamu in the second half.
Da Silva and Wissa netted for the French team in the 71st and 78th minute respectively but they were prevented from scoring again.
Salzburg will face the winners of the Inter vs Real Madrid clash in the semi-finals on Saturday, August 22.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- EFL Cup wrap : Lookman, Iheanacho score; Carney features vs Chelsea; Arsenal's Balogun subbed in
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football