UYL: Nigerian-Born Striker Scores 11-Minute Hat-trick As Red Bull Salzburg Beat Lyon To Reach SemisPublished: August 19, 2020
2017 winners Red Bull Salzburg have joined Ajax Amsterdam and Benfica in the semifinals of the Champions League for youth teams, UEFA Youth League following their 4-3 victory against Lyon on Wednesday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Three players of Nigerian descent started for the Austrian side - Bryan Okoh, Karim Adeyemi and Chukwubuike Adamu - and played key roles in the win, with the Red Bull Salzburg number 9, who was born in Nigeria, bagging an 11-minute treble.
Soumare headed Lyon in front after 30 minutes but the lead lasted nine minutes as Okoh headed home a corner to make it 1-1, before Adamu scored with another header to make it 2-1 on the stroke of half-time.
It was 3-1 in the 54th minute courtesy of Adamu and he got his hat-trick a minute later, taking his tally in this season's competition to six goals from six appearances.
Germany youth international Adeyemi provided two assists for the goals scored by Adamu in the second half.
Da Silva and Wissa netted for the French team in the 71st and 78th minute respectively but they were prevented from scoring again.
Salzburg will face the winners of the Inter vs Real Madrid clash in the semi-finals on Saturday, August 22.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Boavista trigger purchase clause in Bruno Onyemaechi's loan deal
- Cremonese knock back Rangers first bid to sign Super Eagles striker
- Confirmed: Chelsea sign youngest-ever goalscorer in history of Fifa U20 World Cup
- Villarreal boss admits Tottenham-linked winger Chukwueze could leave in the summer
- Opinion: Haliru Sarki's absence cost Flying Eagles a place in Fifa U20 World Cup semifinals
- 'It would hurt to hear such a story' - South Korea coach on why he cried after win v Flying Eagles
- RPL Awards: Former Chelsea wing-back Moses misses out on Goal of the Season
- Sturm Graz chief confirms Arsenal GK Okonkwo is back in England after loan spell in Austria
- 'Among the top 8 teams in the world' - Peseiro sends message to Flying Eagles after WC ouster
- Osimhen becomes first African to win the Paolo Rossi award, receives best striker prize
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football