Moses Ogbu & Innocent Bonke both featured as Mjallby AIF were held to a [2-2] draw by Malmo FF pic.twitter.com/HWKoMwHNq4â€” EaglesTracker - The home of Nigerian Footballers (@EaglesTrackerNG) August 16, 2020
Alhassan Yusuf game by numbers ? IFK Norrköpingâ€” OptaSuperEagles (@OptaSuper) August 17, 2020
? 90 mins
? 82% pass accuracy
? 1 key pass
? 10 accurate long balls
? 5 dribbles completed
? 1 shot
? 6 Tackles
? 2 Interceptions
? 12 Recoveries
So unlucky to be playing in a league not worthy of his talents? pic.twitter.com/kz7W5NQx1d
The latter are 8.00 fourth favorites in the UEFA Champions League winner odds for the 2020-21 season, and the Allsvenskan outfit will be keen to avoid another clash with the Ligue 1 champions, if they can return to this stage of the competition again next season.
BK Hacken have one of the best defensive records in the division, and credit must go to Benin City-born defender Godswill Ekpolo.
The 25-year old has helped his side keep six clean sheets in their first 16 outings, and with just 17 goals conceded so far, he's played a key role in an extremely well-drilled back-line which has enabled the Gothenburg club to remain inside the top six.
Nsima Peter, Alhaji Gero, and Gbenga Arokoyo are all likely to be involved in a relegation battle this season, but they undoubtedly have enough talent to remain in the Allsvenskan for another couple of seasons.
Further down the pyramid, there is also a wealth of Nigerian talent which is waiting to be unearthed.
Although it isn't one of the more high profile divisions in Europe, the Swedish top flight is proving to be a decent breeding ground for young Nigerian players who are looking to get some regular game-time under their belts.
It is surely only a matter of time before one or two of these talented individuals are given the seal of approval by Gernot Rohr.
- Chelsea Product Of Nigerian Descent Akpan Trying His Luck At Football League Club
- Manchester United Striker Ighalo Delighted To Make Champions League Debut Vs PSG
- 'Why Take Off Cavani And Bring On Ighalo' - Man Utd Fans Baffled By Solskjaer's Decision To Hand UCL Debut To Nigerian
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football