Moses Ogbu & Innocent Bonke both featured as Mjallby AIF were held to a [2-2] draw by Malmo FF pic.twitter.com/HWKoMwHNq4â€” EaglesTracker - The home of Nigerian Footballers (@EaglesTrackerNG) August 16, 2020
Alhassan Yusuf game by numbers ? IFK Norrköpingâ€” OptaSuperEagles (@OptaSuper) August 17, 2020
? 90 mins
? 82% pass accuracy
? 1 key pass
? 10 accurate long balls
? 5 dribbles completed
? 1 shot
? 6 Tackles
? 2 Interceptions
? 12 Recoveries
So unlucky to be playing in a league not worthy of his talents? pic.twitter.com/kz7W5NQx1d
The latter are 8.00 fourth favorites in the UEFA Champions League winner odds for the 2020-21 season, and the Allsvenskan outfit will be keen to avoid another clash with the Ligue 1 champions, if they can return to this stage of the competition again next season.
BK Hacken have one of the best defensive records in the division, and credit must go to Benin City-born defender Godswill Ekpolo.
The 25-year old has helped his side keep six clean sheets in their first 16 outings, and with just 17 goals conceded so far, he's played a key role in an extremely well-drilled back-line which has enabled the Gothenburg club to remain inside the top six.
Nsima Peter, Alhaji Gero, and Gbenga Arokoyo are all likely to be involved in a relegation battle this season, but they undoubtedly have enough talent to remain in the Allsvenskan for another couple of seasons.
Further down the pyramid, there is also a wealth of Nigerian talent which is waiting to be unearthed.
Although it isn't one of the more high profile divisions in Europe, the Swedish top flight is proving to be a decent breeding ground for young Nigerian players who are looking to get some regular game-time under their belts.
It is surely only a matter of time before one or two of these talented individuals are given the seal of approval by Gernot Rohr.
- Confirmed : Super Eagles striker Osimhen left out of Napoli squad to face Sassuolo
- Chalrton Athletic's Chuks Aneke available to face Wigan as red card is overturned
- Bayern Munich confirm signing of left-footed Austrian-Nigerian midfielder targeted by Burnley and Boro
- Glasgow Rangers' Nigeria international defender listed as questionable to face Livingston
- Teenage striker of Nigerian descent nominated for West Ham's February Goal of the Month award
- Rohr tells Glasgow Rangers left-back Bassey, Ofoborh they can join Aribo, Balogun in Super Eagles
- 'I certainly do not rule it out' - PSV's Anglo-Nigerian winger wants to play for Netherlands if possible
- Bayern's ex-Chelsea midfielder Musiala set to sign first professional contract in the coming days
- Iwobi joint top dribbler in Everton's 1-0 win vs Southampton after entering game as sub in 87th minute
- Anjorin bags assist in first game of 2021 for Chelsea U23; Leicester's Odunze faces former club
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football