Ex-Chelsea Starlet Musiala Sets Another Record, Becomes Bayern's Youngest Scorer In BundesligaPublished: September 18, 2020
European champions Bayern Munich picked up where they left off last season by demolishing Schalke 04 8-0 in their Bundesliga opener staged at the Allianz Arena on Friday night, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Two players of Nigerian descent, Jamal Musiala and Joshua Zirkzee, entered the game as substitutes in the second half.
Bayern put the game to bed at the end of the first half, scoring through Serge Gnabry , Leon Goretzka and Robert Lewandowski.
Gnabry scored two further goals in the 47th and 59th minute, before Thomas Müller and Leroy Sané added their names to the scoresheet to make it 7-0.
Musiala, who came on in the 73rd minute as a replacement for Serge Gnabry, got in on the act when he blasted inside the near post to make it 8-0 after taking on some Schalke defenders.
In doing so, the attacking midfielder became the youngest ever player to score for Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga, aged 17 years and 205 days, beating the record previously held by Roque Santa Cruz (18 years, 12 days).
Musiala became the youngest player to represent Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga when he made his first team debut against Freiburg on matchday 33 last season, aged 17 years and 115 days.
Born in Fulda, a city in Germany, he has played non-binding games for England and Germany's youth teams.
Photo Credit : fcbayern.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'John Was Excellent' - Stoke City Coach Admits Mikel Played A Key Role In Clean Sheet
- Nigeria Handed Injury Boost Pre-Sierra Leone As Ejuke Named In CSKA Moscow Traveling Squad
- Chelsea Loanee Moses Makes Home Debut In Spartak Moscow's Loss To Rostov
- 'It Was My First Leicester City Goal'- Iheanacho Excited At Prospect Of Facing Leeds United
- Rohr To Run The Rule Over Nwakali As Ex-Arsenal Star Makes Full La Liga Debut Vs Real Madrid
- First Squad Involvement For Ideho As Arsenal Lose To Liverpool In Premier League 2
- Former Napoli Striker Carnevale Offers Surprising Advice To Super Eagles Star Osimhen
- Genk's Dessers Insists He Can Play With Onuachu After Scoring First Goal From Open Play
- Red-Hot Striker Fiabema Scores Game-Winner As Chelsea Beat Man Utd In FA Youth Cup
- Nwakaeme Involved In Three Goals As Trabzonspor Lose Seven-Goal Thriller
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football