Official : Liverpool Loan Out 2013 U17 World Cup Winner Awoniyi To Union BerlinPublished: September 19, 2020
German Bundesliga side Union Berlin have confirmed the signing of 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker Taiwo Awoniyi.
The Liverpool-owned player will be spending the whole of the 2020-2021 season on loan at Union Berlin.
Awoniyi has represented two German clubs in the past on loan from Liverpool, spending the 2015-2016 campaign at FSV Frankfurt and was at Mainz last term.
He also gained first-team experience at Dutch club NEC Nijmegen and Belgian teams KAA Gent and Royal Mouscron.
"I’m looking forward to a new home and the task at 1. FC Union Berlin. Mainz was my second stop in Germany after Frankfurt and last year I was able to prove myself in the Bundesliga for the first time," said Awoniyi to Union Berlin's official website.
"At Union, I want to take the next steps, play as much as possible, develop and help the team to stay in the league"
Awoniyi will compete with fellow Nigerian striker Anthony Ujah for one of the starting spots in attack this term.
Photo Credit : fc-union-berlin.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Joe Has Missed 10 Weeks' - Rangers Boss Gerrard Admits Aribo Not In Tip-top Condition
- Chelsea Icon Obi Mikel Captains Stoke City In 2-2 Draw With Barnsley
- UCL Wrap MD 1 : Dennis Scores; Onyeka, Sanusi Debut; Ighalo, Okereke, Zirkzee, Nmecha, Musiala Bench
- 'I Know How Ruben Likes To Play' - Aina Delighted To Link Up With Former Chelsea Teammate
- Spartak Moscow Coach Explains Why Chelsea Loanee Moses Was Not In Squad Vs Yenisey
- The Premier League Season Ahead - What To Expect And How Is The Current State Of The League
- Photo Confirmation : Viborg FF Bring In Ex-Nigeria U17 Star Ibrahim Said
- UCL: Super Eagle Onyeka Passes Fitness Test, Named In FCM Matchday Squad Vs Atalanta
- 'That Was A Joke' - Club Brugge's Dennis Clarifies Statement On Scoring Only Against Big Teams
- Lampard Supplements Chelsea Premier League Squad With Four Nigeria-Eligible Teenagers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football