The Reason Red-hot Chelsea Loanee Uwakwe Was Omitted From Reds Squad Vs Oxford UnitedPublished: September 27, 2020
Chelsea loanee Tariq Uwakwe missed out on the matchday 18 as Accrington Stanley suffered a 4-1 loss at the hands of Oxford United in the League One on Saturday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The versatile left-footed midfielder was not selected by manager John Coleman for the visit of Oxford United due to injury and was on the sidelines watching his teammates lose.
Uwakwe has thrived since joining Accrington Stanley on a season-long loan around three weeks ago, starting and completing each of the first three games played by the Reds prior to yesterday's game at Wham Stadium.
If he had featured vs Oxford United, he would have gone into the game on a streak of red-hot form.
The Anglo-Nigerian's fifth minute opener in a 7-0 win vs Leeds United in the EFL Trophy was the first of four goals he has notched since completing his loan move.
Accrington Stanley's next game comes up against AFC Wimbledon on October 3 and it remains to be seen whether Uwakwe will be available for selection.
The 20-year-old has been on the books of Chelsea since U9 level.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Striker Fiabema Scores On Full Debut For Chelsea U23 In Loss To Liverpool
- No Squad Involvement For Chelsea Youngster Anjorin Against Manchester United
- 'We Want Our Players To Represent England' - Hodgson Wants Eze To Choose Three Lions Over Eagles
- Bordeaux Coach Concerned About Injury Suffered By Samuel Kalu On Super Eagles Duty
- Shoretire Plays With Two Manchester United First Team Stars In 2-1 Win Vs Everton U23
- Spartak Chief Reveals Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Is Adapting To Life In Moscow
- 'He Has No Fear' - Hasenhuttl Reveals What He Likes About Young Southampton Playmaker Tella
- 'He Was At Chelsea And Won Everything' - Stoke City Boss On The Advantage Of Having Mikel In Squad
- Retired Italy Midfielder Explains Why Gattuso Should Not Have Started Osimhen In Loss To AZ
- Everton Coach Namechecks Iwobi Among Three Players In Line To Replace Richarlison, James
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football