Balogun Nets Brace As Arsenal, Manchester United U23 Share Spoils In Six-Goal ThrillerPublished: October 17, 2020
Arsenal produced a stunning comeback after going two goals behind to salvage a 3-3 draw in an extraordinary game against Manchester United in the Premier League 2 on Saturday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Gunners U23 boss Steve Bould named a strong looking side for the visit of the Red Devils to Meadow Park in Hertfordshire, handing starts to first-teamers Cédric Soares, Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, William Saliba and Joe Willock.
But it was the 19-year-old Folarin Balogun that grabbed all the headlines with a six-minute brace in the second half.
Arnau Puigmal's third minute opener was cancelled out by Nelson fifteen minutes later as both teams found themselves level at the break.
Puigmal and Joe Hugill scored to put the Red Devils 3-1 up after 55 minutes, before the young Gunners suddenly came alive.
Balogun gave Arsenal hope when he pulled a goal back in the 64th minute and he made sure they got a point from the game when he equalised with 20 minutes remaining.
His pair of goals against Manchester United took his tally for the season to three from six games in all competitions.
Ryan Alebiosu started and was in action for 86 minutes, midfielder Miguel Azeez came on at half-time, while Tim Akinola and goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo watched proceedings from the bench.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football