Balogun Nets Brace As Arsenal, Manchester United U23 Share Spoils In Six-Goal ThrillerPublished: October 17, 2020
Arsenal produced a stunning comeback after going two goals behind to salvage a 3-3 draw in an extraordinary game against Manchester United in the Premier League 2 on Saturday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Gunners U23 boss Steve Bould named a strong looking side for the visit of the Red Devils to Meadow Park in Hertfordshire, handing starts to first-teamers Cédric Soares, Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, William Saliba and Joe Willock.
But it was the 19-year-old Folarin Balogun that grabbed all the headlines with a six-minute brace in the second half.
Arnau Puigmal's third minute opener was cancelled out by Nelson fifteen minutes later as both teams found themselves level at the break.
Puigmal and Joe Hugill scored to put the Red Devils 3-1 up after 55 minutes, before the young Gunners suddenly came alive.
Balogun gave Arsenal hope when he pulled a goal back in the 64th minute and he made sure they got a point from the game when he equalised with 20 minutes remaining.
His pair of goals against Manchester United took his tally for the season to three from six games in all competitions.
Ryan Alebiosu started and was in action for 86 minutes, midfielder Miguel Azeez came on at half-time, while Tim Akinola and goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo watched proceedings from the bench.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- No Squad Involvement For Chelsea Youngster Anjorin Against Manchester United
- 'We Want Our Players To Represent England' - Hodgson Wants Eze To Choose Three Lions Over Eagles
- Bordeaux Coach Concerned About Injury Suffered By Samuel Kalu On Super Eagles Duty
- Shoretire Plays With Two Manchester United First Team Stars In 2-1 Win Vs Everton U23
- Spartak Chief Reveals Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Is Adapting To Life In Moscow
- 'He Has No Fear' - Hasenhuttl Reveals What He Likes About Young Southampton Playmaker Tella
- 'He Was At Chelsea And Won Everything' - Stoke City Boss On The Advantage Of Having Mikel In Squad
- Retired Italy Midfielder Explains Why Gattuso Should Not Have Started Osimhen In Loss To AZ
- Everton Coach Namechecks Iwobi Among Three Players In Line To Replace Richarlison, James
- Metalist Kharkiv Star Eyes Promotion To Ukrainian Premier League; Declares Allegiance To Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football