Ex-Arsenal Captain, Manchester United Legend React To Saka's First Half Miss Vs Man CityPublished: October 17, 2020
Arsenal were narrowly beaten 1-0 by Manchester City in their Premier League game at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday evening, with Bukayo Saka dazzling to draw encomiums from two former stars of the game.
The only goal of the game came 23 minutes in when Sergio Aguero ran through the middle to slid in Phil Foden who cut inside past Hector Bellerin to shoot.
While Bernd Leno spilled it, Raheem Sterling was on hand to slot home the follow-up.
Shortly after the setback for the visitors, Saka nearly got the Gunners on level terms when he got past Joao Cancelo and stung the palms of Ederson with a high shot from a tight angle.
The Anglo-Nigerian winger missed yet another glorious chance when he got in behind the City defence after a one-two with Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang four minutes to half-time but saw his effort come off the shoulder of the opposing goalkeeper and narrowly over the bar.
Speaking during the half time analysis on Premier League Productions , ex-Arsenal captain Tony Adams admitted his combination with Aubameyang was a lovely one, but it didn't materialize to a goal thanks to the great save from the Brazilian.
"It was a great one-two and if it's on his left foot that was a goal but the goalkeeper has done fantastically well. He stood up, off his shoulder. Great, great save," Adams said of Saka's effort.
Former Manchester United player, Owen Hargreaves also felt the youngster had a great game and was the best Arsenal player in the first half.
"He's a fabulous player - Saka. He makes so many things happen. Even if they were second-best Arsenal they had two big opportunities in that half", Owen added.
Arsenal are sixth in the provisional standings despite the loss, having won three of their opening five games.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- Man Utd Hero Ince Gives His Thoughts On Why Solskjaer Starved Ighalo Of Game Time
- Nigeria-Eligible Duo Toronto's Akinola, Orlando City's Dike Get Maiden Call-Ups To USMNT
- Former Aston Villa Stars Laud Fulham's Lookman For His Composed Finish Vs Leicester City
- Confirmed : Nigerian Winger Extends Contract With Middlesbrough Until 2023
- UEFA Team Of The Year 2020: Barcelona's Nigeria Striker Battles Arsenal, Chelsea, Lyon Stars, 7 Others
- Onyeka Named In Matchday Squad As Midtjylland Seek To Avoid Unwanted European Record
- Highest Transfer Value Increases : Crystal Palace Dazzler Eze In Top 6 For Players Valued €10M - €20M
- Take Your Soccer Fitness To The Next Level
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football