Ex-Arsenal Captain, Manchester United Legend React To Saka's First Half Miss Vs Man CityPublished: October 17, 2020
Arsenal were narrowly beaten 1-0 by Manchester City in their Premier League game at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday evening, with Bukayo Saka dazzling to draw encomiums from two former stars of the game.
The only goal of the game came 23 minutes in when Sergio Aguero ran through the middle to slid in Phil Foden who cut inside past Hector Bellerin to shoot.
While Bernd Leno spilled it, Raheem Sterling was on hand to slot home the follow-up.
Shortly after the setback for the visitors, Saka nearly got the Gunners on level terms when he got past Joao Cancelo and stung the palms of Ederson with a high shot from a tight angle.
The Anglo-Nigerian winger missed yet another glorious chance when he got in behind the City defence after a one-two with Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang four minutes to half-time but saw his effort come off the shoulder of the opposing goalkeeper and narrowly over the bar.
Speaking during the half time analysis on Premier League Productions , ex-Arsenal captain Tony Adams admitted his combination with Aubameyang was a lovely one, but it didn't materialize to a goal thanks to the great save from the Brazilian.
"It was a great one-two and if it's on his left foot that was a goal but the goalkeeper has done fantastically well. He stood up, off his shoulder. Great, great save," Adams said of Saka's effort.
Former Manchester United player, Owen Hargreaves also felt the youngster had a great game and was the best Arsenal player in the first half.
"He's a fabulous player - Saka. He makes so many things happen. Even if they were second-best Arsenal they had two big opportunities in that half", Owen added.
Arsenal are sixth in the provisional standings despite the loss, having won three of their opening five games.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- No Squad Involvement For Chelsea Youngster Anjorin Against Manchester United
- 'We Want Our Players To Represent England' - Hodgson Wants Eze To Choose Three Lions Over Eagles
- Bordeaux Coach Concerned About Injury Suffered By Samuel Kalu On Super Eagles Duty
- Shoretire Plays With Two Manchester United First Team Stars In 2-1 Win Vs Everton U23
- Spartak Chief Reveals Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Is Adapting To Life In Moscow
- 'He Has No Fear' - Hasenhuttl Reveals What He Likes About Young Southampton Playmaker Tella
- 'He Was At Chelsea And Won Everything' - Stoke City Boss On The Advantage Of Having Mikel In Squad
- Retired Italy Midfielder Explains Why Gattuso Should Not Have Started Osimhen In Loss To AZ
- Everton Coach Namechecks Iwobi Among Three Players In Line To Replace Richarlison, James
- Metalist Kharkiv Star Eyes Promotion To Ukrainian Premier League; Declares Allegiance To Nigeria
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football