16-Year-old Nigerian Dubbed The 'New Patrick Vieira' Added To Rennes Champions League SquadPublished: October 20, 2020
Nigerian midfielder Lesley Ugochukwu,16, is seemingly in contention to make his debut for French club Rennes in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The first-year professional was added to Rennes' Champions League squad list via the List B ahead of their Group E opener against Russian Premier League side Krasnodar at Roazhon Park tonight.
Though this is a long shot, he would become the second youngest Nigeria-eligible player in history to debut in the Champions League should he feature against Krasnodar.
Ex-Anderlecht left-back Celestine Babayaro (16 years and 87 days) is the youngest player in Champions League history, with Dominic Solanke (17 years, 1 month and 7 days) and Stefano Okaka (17 years, 1 month and 18 days) the second and third respectively.
Blessed with excellent physical attributes, powerful and tall for his age, Ugochukwu has been likened to former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira.
The 2004-born Ugochukwu has seen his profile rise on the back of his imperious display for Rennes youth teams and was rewarded with a professional contract in July before making his debut in the UEFA Youth League a month later.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/l.ugochukwu8
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football