Bordeaux Coach Concerned About Injury Suffered By Samuel Kalu On Super Eagles DutyPublished: October 24, 2020
Bordeaux coach Jean-Louis Gasset has admitted that he is worried about the injury suffered by Samuel Kalu while on international duty with the Super Eagles in Austria earlier this month.
Kalu could not complete Nigeria's 1-0 loss to African champions Algeria in a friendly on October 9 due to discomfort and additional tests upon his return to France confirmed that he suffered from a tear in the hamstrings of the left thigh.
He didn't take part in Bordeaux's first game after the international break, a 3-1 loss to Marseille, and is set to miss tomorrow's matchday 8 fixture vs Nimes at the Stade Matmut-Atlantique (Bordeaux).
Speaking to reporters at Friday's press conference, Gasset stated : "The team had its quirks of inconstancy. Everything that happens to us, the loss of Laurent Koscielny, Samuel Kalu, the arrival of Hatem Ben Arfa, it rebuilds the puzzle every time.
"We lost the pillar of our defense, a player that we had managed to bring to a good level. Samuel Kalu started to score goals then unfortunately got injured with the national team".
Prior to Kalu's spell on the sidelines, he scored two goals in his last three games in the French Ligue 1.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football