'We Want Our Players To Represent England' - Hodgson Wants Eze To Choose Three Lions Over EaglesPublished: October 24, 2020
Crystal Palace coach Roy Hodgson is hoping Eberechi Eze is selected by manager Gareth Southgate for next year's 2020 European Championship.
Eze's international future is up for debate as he is also eligible to represent three-time African champions Nigeria and trained with the Super Eagles in 2017 before he came into the reckoning for the Young Lions with his brilliant performances for past club Queens Park Rangers.
In these parts, the former Arsenal schoolboy has been heralded as the best player to replace Chelsea legend John Obi Mikel who called time on his international career after the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
"We want our players to represent England and we want them to do well," Hodgson told South London Press when asked about Eze and Mitchell representing the Three Lions.
"Aidy’s bought both players up with you without me having rung him and told him that we’ve got two good U21s here that you should be looking at, which I wouldn’t want to do."
Eze sealed a move to Crystal Palace in the summer transfer window, signing a five-year deal until the end of the 2024-2025 season.
The 22-year-old has four appearances for England U21s, the last coming in an U21 EURO qualifier against Turkey on October 13.
Hodgson added : "We’re delighted to have him with us and I hoping that his U21 career will blossom.
"I for one will be hoping he continues to do well in Aidy’s team and get selected for next year’s European Championship."
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football