Manchester City Coach Guardiola Calls Up Nigeria-Eligible Midfielder For UCL Match Vs MarseillePublished: October 26, 2020
Manchester City have already named their matchday squad for Tuesday night's UEFA Champions League meeting with Marseille, with Nigeria-eligible attacking midfielder Felix Nmecha called up for the match taking place at the Stade Velodrome, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
City boss Pep Guardiola has included Nmecha in his 23-man traveling squad to Marseille, meaning the England youth international will be on the teamsheet for the second consecutive game in the Champions League.
The 20-year-old Nmecha was a non-playing substitute as Manchester City came from behind to beat Zaidu Sanusi's FC Porto 3-1 on matchday one at the Etihad Stadium.
Should he step out on to the pitch tomorrow, the Hamburg-born player will be wearing the number 61 jersey.
Though he plays mainly for the U23 team of the Citizens, Guardiola knows Nmecha too well as he has trained countless times with the first team and the Spanish football tactician handed him his professional debut in a League Cup clash with Burton Albion in January 2019.
Missing out from the squad for the trip to France are Nigeria-eligible duo Nathanael Ogbeta and Tai Sodje who are both eligible to represent Manchester City via the List B, having spent more than two years at the club.
Photo Credit : Manchester City/Getty Images/M.E.N
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football