'Emmanuel Dennis Is 22' - Club Brugge Coach Blames Inexperience For Draw Vs LazioPublished: October 29, 2020
Philippe Clement, coach of Belgian champions Club Brugge, has blamed inexperience as one of the main reasons his side was held to a 1-1 draw by Lazio in a Champions League clash on Wednesday night.
Correa gave the Italians the lead in the 14th minute but a penalty converted by Vanaken three minutes before the interval secured a point for Club Brugge.
Clement namechecked Emmanuel Dennis as he mentioned some of the young players in the Club Brugge team that faced an experienced Lazio side whose youngest player was Mohamed Fares at 24.
"It's ninety percent proud and ten percent disappointment. That disappointment is there because we have to improve in that one aspect: efficiency. This has to do with experience, peace and overview," Clement told reporters post-match.
"Charles De Ketelaere is 19 years old, Emmanuel Dennis is 22 years old, Krépin Diatta is 21 years old. They don't always have that cold-bloodedness.
"Across the pitch was a team whose youngest player was 24 years old. Lazio was a team with more experience."
Dennis started for Club Brugge but was replaced two minutes from time after he was shown a yellow card midway through the second half.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Ex-Premier League star reveals how Iwobi contributed to nullifying Saka, Martinelli threat
- Iheanacho involved in three goals as Leicester City beat Aston Villa 4-2
- Golden Eaglets-eligible striker scores in back-to-back games for Manchester United youth team
- 'Showed a lot of skill' - Chelsea legend Glenn Hoddle waxes lyrical about 'intelligent' Madueke
- Ideho makes first appearance for Arsenal U21 after returning from Flying Eagles duty
- 'The changes were spectacular' - Flying Eagles captain hails Ladan Bosso for inspired substitutions
- Every word Zambia coach said on Flying Eagles, delay at airport, NFF, AFCON chances and more
- 'Supposed to be playing for U23s' - Manu Garba names the Flying Eagles player that impressed him
- Most expensive player of Nigerian descent in Chelsea's history sparkles on PL debut
- Nigeria 4 Zambia 2 : Sarki, Olamilekan, Uchegbu, Lawal on target for Flying Eagles in 6-goal thriller
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football