'Emmanuel Dennis Is 22' - Club Brugge Coach Blames Inexperience For Draw Vs LazioPublished: October 29, 2020
Philippe Clement, coach of Belgian champions Club Brugge, has blamed inexperience as one of the main reasons his side was held to a 1-1 draw by Lazio in a Champions League clash on Wednesday night.
Correa gave the Italians the lead in the 14th minute but a penalty converted by Vanaken three minutes before the interval secured a point for Club Brugge.
Clement namechecked Emmanuel Dennis as he mentioned some of the young players in the Club Brugge team that faced an experienced Lazio side whose youngest player was Mohamed Fares at 24.
"It's ninety percent proud and ten percent disappointment. That disappointment is there because we have to improve in that one aspect: efficiency. This has to do with experience, peace and overview," Clement told reporters post-match.
"Charles De Ketelaere is 19 years old, Emmanuel Dennis is 22 years old, Krépin Diatta is 21 years old. They don't always have that cold-bloodedness.
"Across the pitch was a team whose youngest player was 24 years old. Lazio was a team with more experience."
Dennis started for Club Brugge but was replaced two minutes from time after he was shown a yellow card midway through the second half.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea Product Of Nigerian Descent Akpan Trying His Luck At Football League Club
- Manchester United Striker Ighalo Delighted To Make Champions League Debut Vs PSG
- 'Why Take Off Cavani And Bring On Ighalo' - Man Utd Fans Baffled By Solskjaer's Decision To Hand UCL Debut To Nigerian
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football