'Emmanuel Dennis Is 22' - Club Brugge Coach Blames Inexperience For Draw Vs LazioPublished: October 29, 2020
Philippe Clement, coach of Belgian champions Club Brugge, has blamed inexperience as one of the main reasons his side was held to a 1-1 draw by Lazio in a Champions League clash on Wednesday night.
Correa gave the Italians the lead in the 14th minute but a penalty converted by Vanaken three minutes before the interval secured a point for Club Brugge.
Clement namechecked Emmanuel Dennis as he mentioned some of the young players in the Club Brugge team that faced an experienced Lazio side whose youngest player was Mohamed Fares at 24.
"It's ninety percent proud and ten percent disappointment. That disappointment is there because we have to improve in that one aspect: efficiency. This has to do with experience, peace and overview," Clement told reporters post-match.
"Charles De Ketelaere is 19 years old, Emmanuel Dennis is 22 years old, Krépin Diatta is 21 years old. They don't always have that cold-bloodedness.
"Across the pitch was a team whose youngest player was 24 years old. Lazio was a team with more experience."
Dennis started for Club Brugge but was replaced two minutes from time after he was shown a yellow card midway through the second half.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football