Man City Legend Kompany Hails Mukairu For Scoring Anderlecht Winner On His DebutPublished: November 01, 2020
Manchester City legend Vincent Kompany, who now coaches 34-time Belgian champions Anderlecht, lauded Paul Mukairu following his match-winning strike against Antwerp on Sunday afternoon.
Mukairu came off the bench to replace Mustapha Bundu in the 63rd minute and less than fifteen minutes later he secured an important victory for Anderlecht, curling home a brilliant shot past goalkeeper Jean Butez.
Signed from Antalyaspor on transfer deadline day, the Nigerian striker was unable to link up with his new teammates until four days ago due to administrative issues, missing back-to-back games against OH Leuven and Kortrijk.
"Paul arrived here and started training as if his life depended on it. It was like it could save his family," Kompany told reporters post-match.
Mukairu revealed that his 76th minute strike is the best goal of his career to date.
"My best of my career. I've never scored that distance before. My qualities? In all modesty: I'm fast, a good passer and I always want to score. But I have to keep working on all those things," the new Anderlecht number 12 added.
In 34 outings for past club Antalyaspor, the 20-year-old netted four goals and set up two others.
Photo Credit : rsca.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football