Man City Legend Kompany Hails Mukairu For Scoring Anderlecht Winner On His DebutPublished: November 01, 2020
Manchester City legend Vincent Kompany, who now coaches 34-time Belgian champions Anderlecht, lauded Paul Mukairu following his match-winning strike against Antwerp on Sunday afternoon.
Mukairu came off the bench to replace Mustapha Bundu in the 63rd minute and less than fifteen minutes later he secured an important victory for Anderlecht, curling home a brilliant shot past goalkeeper Jean Butez.
Signed from Antalyaspor on transfer deadline day, the Nigerian striker was unable to link up with his new teammates until four days ago due to administrative issues, missing back-to-back games against OH Leuven and Kortrijk.
"Paul arrived here and started training as if his life depended on it. It was like it could save his family," Kompany told reporters post-match.
Mukairu revealed that his 76th minute strike is the best goal of his career to date.
"My best of my career. I've never scored that distance before. My qualities? In all modesty: I'm fast, a good passer and I always want to score. But I have to keep working on all those things," the new Anderlecht number 12 added.
In 34 outings for past club Antalyaspor, the 20-year-old netted four goals and set up two others.
Photo Credit : rsca.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football