Napoli Striker Osimhen Scores His First Ever Headed Goal Europe's Top Five LeaguesPublished: November 09, 2020
Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen was back on the scoresheet and it was a crucial goal which helped Napoli secure all three points in a 1-0 road win against Bologna on Sunday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Midway through the first half, Mexico winger Hirving Lozano sent in an inviting cross which was met Osimhen who managed to keep his header down and finished well.
It was the Nigeria international's first ever headed goal in the league for a European top five league club.
Last season, Osimhen netted 13 goals in 27 appearances for Lille in the French Ligue 1 without a single header hitting the back of the net.
The only header he managed to score during his time with Lille came against Chelsea in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
Osimhen opened his goalscoring account in the Italian Serie A against Atalanta on October 17, scoring via a right-footed shot from just outside the area.
Against Bologna, Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly thought he had doubled Napoli's lead but the goal was disallowed after a VAR check because Osimhen used his hand in the buildup as he attempted an acrobatic effort.
The 21-year-old is expected to report for international duty as from Monday ahead of Nigeria's 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches with Sierra Leone in Benin City and Freetown.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football