Nigeria 4 Sierra Leone 4 : Iwobi Nets Brace As Super Eagles Surrender Four-Goal LeadPublished: November 13, 2020
Three time African champions Nigeria Friday evening survived a huge scare as they let up a four goal lead against Sierra Leone to draw 4-4 in their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Samuel Ogbemudia stadium, Benin City, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Eagles who were dominant in the first half but poor after the break scored four goals in the first stanza with Everton forward Alex Iwobi putting the Eagles ahead in the 4th minute.
Napoli's Victor Osimhen pounced on a Zaidu Sanusi cross to double Nigeria's lead in the 21st minute from close range.
Iwobi grabbed his second goal and Nigeria's third with arguably his best for the team with a superb strike from outside the bos with 27 minutes played.
Samuel Chukwueze then made it 4-0 but Kwame Quee reduced the arrears with a minute left to play in the first half.
The second half was a different outcome as the Sierra Leone side scored three more goals inspired by the dangerous Al-Hadji Kamara amid atrocious piece of defending by Gernot Rohr's team who could have gone closer to clinching their place in the 2021 AFCON in Cameroon.
The Super Eagles will face Sierra Leone in the reverse leg of the fixtures on Tuesday, November 17.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea Product Of Nigerian Descent Akpan Trying His Luck At Football League Club
- Manchester United Striker Ighalo Delighted To Make Champions League Debut Vs PSG
- 'Why Take Off Cavani And Bring On Ighalo' - Man Utd Fans Baffled By Solskjaer's Decision To Hand UCL Debut To Nigerian
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football