Crystal Palace's Adaramola Admits He Was Turned Down By Charlton, Trained With West HamPublished: November 19, 2020
Talented left-back Tayo Adaramola has admitted that Charlton Athletic passed up the opportunity to sign him before he joined Crystal Palace at U12 level.
The Republic of Ireland U17 international of Nigeria descent signed his first professional contract with the Eagles this week, a reward for his outstanding performances for the U16 and U18 teams over the last one year.
Adaramola got into football at the age of four, starting off with a small team in Castleknock before switching to popular Irish club St Kevin's.
The fullback trained with West Ham for several months after relocating to London along with his parents in 2014.
"I didn't have a team for about five months, I was just getting fit myself until I went to trial at Charlton, and then that didn't go so well, so then after that I went to West Ham development for about six months and then I finally came to Palace," Adaramola said to the official website of the Eagles.
On his style of play and how he approaches the game, Adaramola stated : "I play left-back, left wing-back so normally around the left side.
"Personally I think I'm strong, I'm quick and I like 1v1 battles so going forward and defending, so I like to make it a hard day for whoever is on my side."
Adaramola and two other players of Nigerian descent Ademola Ola-Adebomi and Victor Akinwale helped Crystal Palace to win the 2019 national Super Floodlit Cup final for the first time ever.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- Man Utd Hero Ince Gives His Thoughts On Why Solskjaer Starved Ighalo Of Game Time
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football