NFF President Pinnick Explains Why Osimhen Is Angry He Suffered Injury On Super Eagles DutyPublished: November 19, 2020
Nigerian Federation president Amaju Pinnick has acknowledged that Victor Osimhen is angry he picked up an injury while on international duty with the Super Eagles last Friday.
The Napoli striker had to make way for Racing Genk's Paul Onuachu in the 78th minute of the 4-4 draw with Sierra Leone and was visibly in pains as he was taken off the pitch.
Napoli and the Super Eagles medical team have both confirmed that he dislocated his shoulder and faces a spell on the sidelines.
"He told me that he already feels much better , he is a fighter, he wants to return to the pitch as soon as possible and give everything for both Napoli and Nigeria," Pinnick told Radio Kiss Kiss, according to Italian sports daily Corriere dello Sport – Stadio.
"He is very keen to make his contribution and improve himself, he wants to achieve the goals he has set"
Osimhen was not available for selection in Nigeria's reverse fixture against the Leone Stars and is rated as a huge doubt for Napoli's upcoming games against AC Milan and Rijeka.
Explaining why Osimhen is angry, Pinnick added : "It is natural that he is: because of this injury he lost the chance to play with the Super Eagles and with the Azzurri until he is healed".
In eight outings for Napoli since his big money move from Lille, Osimhen has scored two goals and provided an assist in 560 minutes of action.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- Man Utd Hero Ince Gives His Thoughts On Why Solskjaer Starved Ighalo Of Game Time
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football