'It's A Shame For Him' - Paderborn Question Rohr's Decision To Bench Collins Vs Sierra LeonePublished: November 19, 2020
German 2 Bundesliga club Paderborn have questioned the decision of Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr to bench Jamilu Collins in the two 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Sierra Leone.
Paderborn gave the green light for their left-back to travel to Africa in November only because Rohr assured the club the defender was in his plans for both games.
Against the Leone Stars at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Porto defender Zaidu Sanusi got the nod to slot in at left-back while Fulham's Ola Aina went the full ninety in Freetown.
"Nigeria's coach Gernot Rohr assured us beforehand that Jamilu is an important part of the national team. The two games have not changed that, " Managing Director Sport Fabian Wohlgemuth said to Westfalen-Blatt.
Coach Steffen Baumgart added : "Hats off, you have to ask about the sense of this trip. The boy really wanted to travel, so we let him. It's a shame for him."
Another reason Paderborn are unhappy is that Collins may miss the upcoming game against St. Pauli because he has to be quarantined for five days following his return to Germany on Thursday.
"I'm cautious because everything can change quickly, but as of now I'm assuming that Jamilu can't play," said Baumgart.
Wohlgemuth added: "The regulations are known, we are in contact with the health department."
Collins is behind another Nigerian defender Chima Okoroji in the pecking order of left-backs at Paderborn but started the last four league matches due to his rival suffering a ligament tear.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- Man Utd Hero Ince Gives His Thoughts On Why Solskjaer Starved Ighalo Of Game Time
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football