Chelsea's 'Iron Lady' Granovskaia Convinced Moses To Join Spartak; Loan, Purchase Fees RevealedPublished: November 20, 2020
Spartak Moscow's General Director Shamil Gazizov has revealed that Chelsea's Russian-Canadian director Marina Granovskaia played a key role in the transfer of Victor Moses to the Russian Premier League club last month.
The transfer window shut in most of the top leagues in Europe with Moses staying put at Stamford Bridge and it had been feared that the versatile winger may not be able to join a new team on a temporary basis until January 2021.
Regarded as the Iron Lady and the most powerful woman in football, Granovskaia convinced Moses to join Spartak Moscow few days before the close of the summer transfer window.
"Football people helped us make this transfer. But my communication with Granovskaia went directly. We discussed all the details with her," Gazizov said in an interview with Nobel Arustamyan's Youtube channel, according to Sport Express.
"She helped us convince Moses. Many thanks to her, she played a big role here. She helped Spartak. And I thank her again for that.
"For us, everything worked out within the limits of the amounts that we pledged."
Gazizov clarified that Spartak Moscow paid a loan fee of 300,000 euros to Chelsea with the option to buy the Nigerian permanently set at five million euros.
"No, the loan cost 300 thousand euros and option to buy will be 5 million.
"If he plays a certain number of matches, and if we achieve a certain result, we have the opportunity to buy him. It is also possible not to buy Moses. But when Victor and I talked, his main desire was to find a club," he concluded.
Moses previously spent time on loan at Liverpool, Stoke City, West Ham, Fenerbahce and Inter Milan.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- Man Utd Hero Ince Gives His Thoughts On Why Solskjaer Starved Ighalo Of Game Time
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football