Akinola Rubs Shoulders With Sokratis, Chambers As Arsenal U23s Register Back-to-back WinsPublished: November 20, 2020
For the first time this season, Arsenal have registered back-to-back wins and clean sheets in the Premier League 2 following their 1-0 victory over Everton at the Emirates Stadium in London on Friday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Manager Steve Bould handed starts to striker Folarin Balogun and central midfielder Tim Akinola while goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo returned to the matchday squad but ended up being a non-playing substitute.
Akinola and Balogun were joined in the starting XI by three Arsenal first team stars namely Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Calum Chambers and William Saliba.
The Gunners broke the deadlock as early as the ninth minute when Emile Smith Rowe finished off a delivery from Ben Cottrell after goalkeeper Macey played a pass into midfield.
Miguel Azeez, on as a substitute at half time, was presented with an opportunity to double Arsenal's advantage but fired wide with his left foot at minute 59.
On 62 minutes, Balogun was expelled for the very first time in the Premier League 2 after receiving a second yellow card.
The 19-year-old saw his first yellow in the 52nd minute and ten minutes later he was cautioned again for simulating a foul in the penalty area.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- Porto Coach Namechecks Sanusi In List Of Players With Little Experience In Champions League
- Sanusi Clears The Ball Off The Line To Help Porto Reach UCL Last 16 After Draw Vs Man City
- Bayern Munich Product Adeyemi Becomes Salzburg's Youngest Ever Scorer In Champions League
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football