Photo : Villarreal Penalty Vs Real Madrid Should Have Been Retaken As Chukwueze Was Inside The BoxPublished: November 22, 2020
Villarreal's equalising goal against Real Madrid in Saturday evening's La Liga clash at the Estadio de la Cerámica should not have stood as Samuel Chukwueze was inside the box when the kick was taken by Gerard Moreno in the 76th minute, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Nigeria international won a penalty after he was clipped by Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois in the area.
The video assistant referee should have notified the on-field referee, Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez of player encroachment as part of Chukwueze's foot was inside the penalty area while Moreno took his kick.
According to the rules, Moreno would have retaken the kick since he found the net and the referee would have awarded an indirect free-kick to Real Madrid assuming the Villarreal striker missed the kick.
Chukwueze is ten games away from reaching a 100-game milestone for the Yellow Submarine following his appearance off the bench against Los Blancos, two years, two months and one day after making his professional debut.
During that time, the 2015 U17 World Cup winner has registered 13 goals and provided 12 assists.
Photo Credit : marca.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football