Photo : Villarreal Penalty Vs Real Madrid Should Have Been Retaken As Chukwueze Was Inside The BoxPublished: November 22, 2020
Villarreal's equalising goal against Real Madrid in Saturday evening's La Liga clash at the Estadio de la Cerámica should not have stood as Samuel Chukwueze was inside the box when the kick was taken by Gerard Moreno in the 76th minute, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Nigeria international won a penalty after he was clipped by Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois in the area.
The video assistant referee should have notified the on-field referee, Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez of player encroachment as part of Chukwueze's foot was inside the penalty area while Moreno took his kick.
According to the rules, Moreno would have retaken the kick since he found the net and the referee would have awarded an indirect free-kick to Real Madrid assuming the Villarreal striker missed the kick.
Chukwueze is ten games away from reaching a 100-game milestone for the Yellow Submarine following his appearance off the bench against Los Blancos, two years, two months and one day after making his professional debut.
During that time, the 2015 U17 World Cup winner has registered 13 goals and provided 12 assists.
Photo Credit : marca.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football