'At Wolfsburg It Was Another Type Of Injury' - Agent Claims Osimhen Has Not Suffered RelapsePublished: November 22, 2020
One of Victor Osimhen's agents, Roberto Calenda has claimed that the Napoli striker has not suffered a relapse of the injury he picked up at German Bundesliga club Wolfsburg.
During his unsuccessful spell at Wolfsburg, he suffered three separate injuries - meniscal, calf and shoulder.
A shoulder injury saw Osimhen miss Wolfsburg's last five league matches of the 2017-2018 season, including the playoffs, but Calenda has suggested that it is not the same ailment currently hampering him.
The Super Eagles number 9 dislocated his shoulder during the second half of the 4-4 draw with Sierra Leone and was clearly in pain as he was taken off the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium turf.
"I want to clarify a rumor about Wolfsburg . Each injury has a history of its own, today's one is not like the previous one, it is not a relapse," Calenda was quoted as saying by Napolipiu.
"At Wolfsburg it was another type of injury. Often and willingly we all fall into the shoes of coaches, doctors, but I believe that everyone should do their job.
"It was a bad fall with Nigeria , a good blow, but it happens in football. We all hope that the guy gets everything sorted out as soon as possible."
Osimhen is unlikely to be available for selection when Napoli host AC Milan in the Serie A this evening.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Nigeria U17 invitee named in a Chelsea gameday squad for the first time this season
- Brighton & Hove boss remembers Bolton Wanders was an exciting side with Jay-Jay Okocha
- EFL : Luton Town's Adebayo, Carlisle United's Kayode, Shrewsbury Town's Udoh find the net
- Derby County beat Premier League clubs to sign Fapetu As Midfielder Departs Arsenal after ten years
- Nigerian midfielder makes competitive debut for Manchester United U18 in loss to Derby County
- Samuel Kalu's goal not enough as Bordeaux lose to Metz in Ligue 1
- Rohr's close friend happy about decision of Musiala to choose Germany over Nigeria, England
- Super Eagles striker Maja gives reasons for rejoining Fulham in winter transfer market
- Ex-Bayern Munich left-back who models his game after David Alaba making waves at SC Freiburg
- Light at the end of the tunnel for Arsenal-owned midfielder Olayinka six weeks after his last match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football