'At Wolfsburg It Was Another Type Of Injury' - Agent Claims Osimhen Has Not Suffered RelapsePublished: November 22, 2020
One of Victor Osimhen's agents, Roberto Calenda has claimed that the Napoli striker has not suffered a relapse of the injury he picked up at German Bundesliga club Wolfsburg.
During his unsuccessful spell at Wolfsburg, he suffered three separate injuries - meniscal, calf and shoulder.
A shoulder injury saw Osimhen miss Wolfsburg's last five league matches of the 2017-2018 season, including the playoffs, but Calenda has suggested that it is not the same ailment currently hampering him.
The Super Eagles number 9 dislocated his shoulder during the second half of the 4-4 draw with Sierra Leone and was clearly in pain as he was taken off the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium turf.
"I want to clarify a rumor about Wolfsburg . Each injury has a history of its own, today's one is not like the previous one, it is not a relapse," Calenda was quoted as saying by Napolipiu.
"At Wolfsburg it was another type of injury. Often and willingly we all fall into the shoes of coaches, doctors, but I believe that everyone should do their job.
"It was a bad fall with Nigeria , a good blow, but it happens in football. We all hope that the guy gets everything sorted out as soon as possible."
Osimhen is unlikely to be available for selection when Napoli host AC Milan in the Serie A this evening.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- 'We Have To Be A Bit More Nasty' - Adarabioyo Tells Fulham What They Are Missing
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football