Onyeka Scares Ajax Ahead Of Champions League Clash With Goal And Assist For MidtjyllandPublished: November 22, 2020
Super Eagles midfielder Frank Onyeka sent a warning to Ajax Amsterdam ahead of their Champions League meeting at the Johan Cruijff Arena (Amsterdam) on Wednesday by scoring and assisting a goal as Midtjylland beat AGF on game week nine in the Danish Super Liga, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Arguably one of Midtjylland's most marketable players at the moment and linked with a transfer to a more glamorous league in the coming months, Onyeka pulled out of the Nigeria squad for their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Sierra Leone this month, citing an undisclosed injury.
He presumably shrugged off his injury problems to inspire the Danish champions to a 2-1 road win against AGF.
On 27 minutes, Onyeka pounced on a loose ball in the box and smashed the ball in the bottom left corner to give Midtjylland the lead.
It was his first league goal for the Wolves since July 17, 2020 when he got on the scoresheet in a 6-3 rout of Nordsjaelland.
Eleven minutes before half time, Onyeka showed his physical strength to steal the ball of an AGF player before passing to Sory Kaba, who made it 2-0 and in the second half the home team halved the deficit from the spot through Mortensen .
Onyeka has started all the games contested by Midtjylland in Europe this season, seven in total, including three in the qualifying rounds of the UEFA Champions League.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football