Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La LigaPublished: November 28, 2020
Barcelona Academy product Bobby Adekanye finally made his debut in the Spanish La Liga on Saturday, wearing the colours of Cadiz as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Elche CF at Manuel Martínez Valero Stadium, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Ibadan-born winger was one of the ten players responsible for FIFA slapping Barcelona with a two-window transfer ban after the Catalonia side recruited underage players.
Adekanye later returned to the Netherlands to join PSV Eindhoven in 2014 and the following year he ended up at Liverpool before transferring to Lazio as a free agent in the summer of 2019.
Since his loan move from Lazio in the summer transfer window, the 21-year-old had not tasted action in the Spanish top-flight, making the bench in back-to-back games with SD Eibar, Atlético Madrid and Real Sociedad, before he was brought on in the 67th minute in today's clash against Elche.
Wearing the number 32 at the back of his jersey, Adekanye replaced Salvi Sánchez in a tactical substitution.
Cadiz got a share of the spoils thanks to álvaro Giménez, who scored with a header against his former club in the 55th minute.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football