Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In ItalyPublished: December 02, 2020
Danish champions FC Midtjylland were ten minutes away from registering a famous victory over Atalanta in a Champions League clash staged at Stadio di Bergamo in Italy on Tuesday night but could not hang on to their lead.
Scholz fired the Danes in front in the 13th minute but Romero’s late header saved Atalanta from defeat.
Nigeria international Frank Onyeka was part of the Midtjylland squad, going the distance for the fourth game in a row in the Champions League.
The central midfielder who is nicknamed 'The Tank' was rated highly by the Danish press after the game and the statistics suggest that they were correct in their assessments of the number 38 who finished the match with a game-high five clearances and a team-high five interceptions.
Onyeka was rated 7 out of ten by Herning Folkeblad, who wrote : "The midfielder was not in his highest gear, but still managed to stop many attacks. Tireless efforts."
Tipsbladet, a member of European Sports Media, awarded the Nigerian five balls - high, international level.
They wrote : "A really nice performance by Onyeka. You just know what you get with him in the middle.
"Lots of hard work, lots of duels and lots of strength. He did not win everything he went into, but how important he was once again!"
At 5, Onyeka was the joint-best rated player by influential newspaper Ekstra Bladet.
"A violent, violent energy discharge. It is rare that the Nigerian seems worn out, but Frank Onyeka ran a half marathon and gave everything for that point," the tabloid praised the Nigerian.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football