Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In ItalyPublished: December 02, 2020
Danish champions FC Midtjylland were ten minutes away from registering a famous victory over Atalanta in a Champions League clash staged at Stadio di Bergamo in Italy on Tuesday night but could not hang on to their lead.
Scholz fired the Danes in front in the 13th minute but Romero’s late header saved Atalanta from defeat.
Nigeria international Frank Onyeka was part of the Midtjylland squad, going the distance for the fourth game in a row in the Champions League.
The central midfielder who is nicknamed 'The Tank' was rated highly by the Danish press after the game and the statistics suggest that they were correct in their assessments of the number 38 who finished the match with a game-high five clearances and a team-high five interceptions.
Onyeka was rated 7 out of ten by Herning Folkeblad, who wrote : "The midfielder was not in his highest gear, but still managed to stop many attacks. Tireless efforts."
Tipsbladet, a member of European Sports Media, awarded the Nigerian five balls - high, international level.
They wrote : "A really nice performance by Onyeka. You just know what you get with him in the middle.
"Lots of hard work, lots of duels and lots of strength. He did not win everything he went into, but how important he was once again!"
At 5, Onyeka was the joint-best rated player by influential newspaper Ekstra Bladet.
"A violent, violent energy discharge. It is rare that the Nigerian seems worn out, but Frank Onyeka ran a half marathon and gave everything for that point," the tabloid praised the Nigerian.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football