One Last Chance For Dortmund Striker To Break UCL Record Held By Ex-Chelsea Star BabayaroPublished: December 03, 2020
Borussia Dortmund teenage striker Youssoufa Moukoko has one last chance to break Celestine Babayaro's longstanding record of being the youngest player to feature in the UEFA Champions League.
The Germany youth international of Cameroonian descent was an unused substitute as the Bundesliga side were held to a 1-1 draw by Lazio at Signal-Iduna-Park (Dortmund) on Wednesday.
Assuming Moukoko featured against the Italians, he would have made history as the youngest ever player to play in the Champions League aged 16 years and 12 days.
Babayaro was 16 years and 87 days old when he started for RSC Anderlecht against FC Steaua Bucureşti on 23 November 1994.
With Borussia Dortmund guaranteed a spot in the knockout stages of the Champions League as a result of a better head-to-head advantage over Club Brugge, manager Lucien Favre may opt to hand a Champions League debut to the German-Cameroonian against Zenit St Petersburg next Tuesday.
And if that happens, Moukoko would be aged 16 years and 18 days, breaking the record held by Babayaro.
The promising striker has been training with Borussia Dortmund's first team since August and made his Bundesliga debut against Hertha BSC on November 21, a days after he turned 16.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- New Chelsea Boss Tuchel Holds Private Discussion With Nigeria-Eligible Winger In First Training Session
- Van de Beek, Bruno Fernandes, Lingard React As Ighalo Announces Departure From Man Utd
- 'He Insisted Playing Oscar Over Moses' - Ex-Chelsea Winger Blasts Mourinho For Snubbing Nigerian
- 'Great Honor For Me To Play With Ozil' - Osayi-Samuel Wants To Benefit From Ex-Arsenal Star
- Talented Midfielder Anjorin Thanks Axed Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard
- Everton Coach Ancelotti Provides Positive Fitness Update On Super Eagles Playmaker
- Leicester Boss Hints Iheanacho Is Going Nowhere Amid Striker's Link With RB Leipzig, Fenerbahce
- 'The Beast' Akinfenwa Thanks Tottenham Hotspur Coach Mourinho For Kind Words
- Pictured : QPR's Osayi-Samuel Lands In Istanbul Ahead Of Unveiling By Fenerbahce
- Official : Ogbeta Ends Nine-Year Association With Manchester City By Signing For The Blues
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football