Villarreal's Chukwueze Scores Winning Goal In Europa League Win Vs Kayode-less SivassporPublished: December 03, 2020
Villarreal are certain to top Group I of the Europe League after beating Turkish outfit Sivasspor 1-0 at the Yeni 4 Eylül Stadyumu - Sivas on Thursday evening.
Manager of the Yellow Submarine, Unai Emery, the joint-most successful coach of the Europa League in its various guises, handed Samuel Chukwueze his fourth start in this season's competition.
Super Eagles striker Olarenwaju Kayode, who has been in brilliant form in Europe this season scoring in four consecutive matches, was not named on the team sheet due to an undisclosed injury.
Chukwueze turned out to be the star of the game, netting what proved to be the game-winning goal in the 75th minute, before he was replaced a minute later.
His winning goal came as Costa played a delightful pass, allowing the Nigeria international to tap the ball into an empty net.
Chukwueze's last and only strike in Europe prior to today's fixture was against Spartak Moscow in December 2018.
The result leaves Villarreal with 13 points from five matches played while Sivasspor are third with six points before their final game of the group at Maccabi Tel Aviv next Thursday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Tottenham Hotspur striker Etete hoping to catch Mourinho's Eye
- Manchester United product Kehinde reveals what he must do to break into Super Eagles squad
- Awoniyi's Super Eagles hopes go up in smoke as Union Berlin coach confirms striker is unavailable
- Nigeria-eligible defender tipped to depart Arsenal in summer, after thirteen years of service
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football