Napoli Issue Fresh Statement On Victor Osimhen's Rehabilitation From Shoulder InjuryPublished: December 04, 2020
Italian Serie A club Napoli have issued a fresh statement on Victor Osimhen's rehabilitation from the shoulder injury he suffered while on international duty with the Super Eagles exactly three weeks ago in Benin City.
After their Europa League game against AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands, the Blues resumed training at the Training Center on Friday afternoon in preparation for the upcoming match against Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo's Crotone.
Based on the latest update from the Naples club, Osimhen is still rated as doubtful to make his comeback from injury against Crotone.
"Therapies and field work and gym for Osimhen," wrote Napoli on their official website.
It appears that Osimhen's rehabilitation has not gone according to plan given that the initial prognosis within the Super Eagles camp would have seen the number 9 return to action this weekend, with manager Gernot Rohr revealing on November 14 that the striker would be sidelined for 'few weeks', which is around two to three weeks.
The 21-year-old has missed two matches in the Europa League, against Rijeka and AZ Alkmaar, and another two in the top-flight vs AC Milan and AS Roma.
It is worthy of note that the former Lille star was not selected for a matchday squad just once last season, against PSG in November 2019, only because he was serving a one-game ban for accumulated bookings.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal manager Arteta identifies two unique qualities of 'hungry boy' Folarin Balogun
- Genk name asking price for Onuachu; expected to cost more than ex-stars Ndidi, De Bruyne, Benteke
- Nigeria Football Federation in contact with Iwobi over move for Crystal Palace and Liverpool wingers
- Anjorin involved in Chelsea's final training session ahead of blockbuster FA Cup clash vs Man City
- Edozie on target as Manchester City thrash Manchester United 3-0 in Premier League 2
- Fulham boss Parker confirms Super Eagles target Lookman will be fit to face Arsenal
- Ex-Man City star Onuoha baffled as to why NFF miss out on dual-eligible players to England
- 'I understand the passion' - Everton winger Iwobi on if he has grown to hate Liverpool yet
- Udinese and Genoa go head-to-head for Crotone's all-time top scorer Simy
- Leicester striker Iheanacho on his form and breaking FA Cup record held by Chelsea icon Drogba
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football