Dinamo Batumi's Oboabona, Club Brugge's Okereke Score Second League Goals Of The SeasonPublished: December 06, 2020
Super Eagles center back Godfrey Oboabona scored his second goal in the Erovnuli Liga to help Dinamo Batumi register a 2-1 road win against Torpedo Kutaisi at the Ramaz Shengelias Sakhelobis Stadioni on Saturday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Eleven minutes into the contest, the former Sunshine Stars skipper opened the scoring for George Geguchadze's team with a header following a corner.
Oboabona's first goal in Dinamo Batunmi colours came in another away game, a 3-1 win at FC Telavi on October 2.
The 30-year-old has appeared in eleven official matches for the Georgian club, including his debut in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League against Hapoel Beer Sheva back in August.
Elsewhere, former Super Eagles invitee David Okereke took his tally for the season to two goals in the Belgian First Division A following his match-winning strike in the 57th minute of Club Brugge's 1-0 win against Sint-Truiden.
Three minutes after Okereke replaced Emmanuel Dennis, the Sint-Truiden defenders failed to track his run into the box, allowing him to slot past goalkeeper Daniel Schmidt.
The former Spezia winger last scored in the league against Waasland-Beveren on September 12. before the visit of Sint-Truiden.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Tottenham Hotspur striker Etete hoping to catch Mourinho's Eye
- Manchester United product Kehinde reveals what he must do to break into Super Eagles squad
- Awoniyi's Super Eagles hopes go up in smoke as Union Berlin coach confirms striker is unavailable
- Nigeria-eligible defender tipped to depart Arsenal in summer, after thirteen years of service
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football