CSKA Moscow Coach Defends Decision To Take Off Ejuke Despite Winger Impressing In First HalfPublished: December 06, 2020
CSKA Moscow coach Sergei Ovchinnikov has explained why Chidera Ejuke was substituted in the 62nd minute of his side's 2-2 draw with Khimki in the Russian Premier League on Sunday evening.
The Nigeria national team was one of the best players on the pitch in the first half and provided the assist for the second goal netted by Ilya Shkurin.
Ovchinnikov acknowledged that Ejuke impressed in the opening forty five minutes but argued that the decision to substitute the Super Eagles star was made by the head coach.
"The decision on substitutions is made by the head coach. Substitutions have taken place," the 50-year-old coach told CSKA Moscow's official website.
"In my opinion, Ejuke looked good, sharpened. I agree with the assessment. But I repeat - the head coach makes the changes."
Ejuke has not gone the full ninety in all the seventeen matches he has played for the Muscovites since his arrival at the club from SC Heerenveen in August.
The 22-year-old has scored twice in 863 minutes of action in all competitions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Tottenham Hotspur striker Etete hoping to catch Mourinho's Eye
- Manchester United product Kehinde reveals what he must do to break into Super Eagles squad
- Awoniyi's Super Eagles hopes go up in smoke as Union Berlin coach confirms striker is unavailable
- Nigeria-eligible defender tipped to depart Arsenal in summer, after thirteen years of service
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football