'He Hit Five Out Of Five'- Leicester Boss Reveals Iheanacho Converted All His Spot Kicks In TrainingPublished: December 28, 2020
Leicester City coach Brendan Rodgers refused to blame Kelechi Iheanacho for his side not picking up all the three points in their 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace in a Premier League clash on Monday.
The Nigeria international had a chance to put the Foxes 1-0 up in the 18th minute but was denied from the spot by goalkeeper Vicente Guaita.
Wilfried Zaha fired the hosts ahead in the 58th minute before Harvey Barnes restored parity with a shot from the edge of the penalty area seven minutes from time.
Iheanacho is tarnishing his reputation as a penalty taker as he also missed from the spot during the Super Eagles 1-1 draw with Tunisia in October.
Rodgers, as you would expect, has defended his number 14, saying that he had a one hundred percent record in penalty practice before the trip to the capital.
Speaking to Amazon Prime, the Northern Irishman said : "I said at half time, it was one you have to let go of.
"He practised yesterday and hit five out of five, so he was confident, but it is just one of those things."
Iheanacho has not scored in the English top-flight since finding the net in Leicester City's 3-0 rout of Crystal Palace in July 2020.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Newly capped Norway U20 winger with Nigerian passport joins Bodo/Glimt
- Report : Spartak make transfer decision on ex-Chelsea star Moses ahead of summer window
- Lens join Brentford in race to sign defender who impressed for Super Eagles v Guinea-Bissau
- Done deal : Glasgow Rangers confirm signing of 2023 Flying Eagles invitee
- Balogun's international future : Arsenal boss Arteta shares advice to Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Dennis' chip against Newcastle up for Nottingham Forest Goal of the Month
- Nigeria-eligible striker joins Southampton on pro terms after trialing at Chelsea, Man Utd
- How is Man United prospect Shoretire performing on loan at Bolton?
- Arsenal tracking 25-cap Nigeria international as potential replacement for Balogun
- Another Nigerian player battling to overcome injury ahead of Italian Serie A return
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football