Villarreal Coach Explains Why Chukwueze Came Off The Bench At The Break Vs LevantePublished: January 03, 2021
Villarreal kicked off 2021 with a 2-1 win against Levante in a La Liga clash at Estadio de la Cerámica on Saturday afternoon.
Fer Niño and Gerard Moreno scored for the Yellow Submarine while Sergio León pulled a goal back for the visitors with seventeen minutes remaining.
Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze was named in Villarreal's matchday squad but started on the bench.
The 2015 U17 World Cup winner has found it difficult breaking into the starting lineup this term with just two starts in the last ten matches in the division.
Speaking to reporters post-match, Villarreal coach Unai Emery explained that Chukwueze came off the bench at the break only because Yeremi Pino was walking a disciplinary tightrope.
The Spain youth international, a right winger like Chukwueze, was shown a yellow card for a foul just before the end of the first half.
Chukwueze provided the assist for his team's second goal; he got free down the right wing and set up Gerard who tucked the ball into the bottom corner.
Following their seventh win of the season, Villarreal have climbed to fourth position in the provisional standings with 29 points from 17 games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- Leicester boss Rodgers takes teenage GK of Nigerian descent to training camp in Abu Dhabi
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football