Villarreal Coach Explains Why Chukwueze Came Off The Bench At The Break Vs LevantePublished: January 03, 2021
Villarreal kicked off 2021 with a 2-1 win against Levante in a La Liga clash at Estadio de la Cerámica on Saturday afternoon.
Fer Niño and Gerard Moreno scored for the Yellow Submarine while Sergio León pulled a goal back for the visitors with seventeen minutes remaining.
Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze was named in Villarreal's matchday squad but started on the bench.
The 2015 U17 World Cup winner has found it difficult breaking into the starting lineup this term with just two starts in the last ten matches in the division.
Speaking to reporters post-match, Villarreal coach Unai Emery explained that Chukwueze came off the bench at the break only because Yeremi Pino was walking a disciplinary tightrope.
The Spain youth international, a right winger like Chukwueze, was shown a yellow card for a foul just before the end of the first half.
Chukwueze provided the assist for his team's second goal; he got free down the right wing and set up Gerard who tucked the ball into the bottom corner.
Following their seventh win of the season, Villarreal have climbed to fourth position in the provisional standings with 29 points from 17 games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football