Villarreal Coach Explains Why Chukwueze Came Off The Bench At The Break Vs LevantePublished: January 03, 2021
Villarreal kicked off 2021 with a 2-1 win against Levante in a La Liga clash at Estadio de la Cerámica on Saturday afternoon.
Fer Niño and Gerard Moreno scored for the Yellow Submarine while Sergio León pulled a goal back for the visitors with seventeen minutes remaining.
Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze was named in Villarreal's matchday squad but started on the bench.
The 2015 U17 World Cup winner has found it difficult breaking into the starting lineup this term with just two starts in the last ten matches in the division.
Speaking to reporters post-match, Villarreal coach Unai Emery explained that Chukwueze came off the bench at the break only because Yeremi Pino was walking a disciplinary tightrope.
The Spain youth international, a right winger like Chukwueze, was shown a yellow card for a foul just before the end of the first half.
Chukwueze provided the assist for his team's second goal; he got free down the right wing and set up Gerard who tucked the ball into the bottom corner.
Following their seventh win of the season, Villarreal have climbed to fourth position in the provisional standings with 29 points from 17 games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- New Chelsea Boss Tuchel Holds Private Discussion With Nigeria-Eligible Winger In First Training Session
- Van de Beek, Bruno Fernandes, Lingard React As Ighalo Announces Departure From Man Utd
- 'He Insisted Playing Oscar Over Moses' - Ex-Chelsea Winger Blasts Mourinho For Snubbing Nigerian
- 'Great Honor For Me To Play With Ozil' - Osayi-Samuel Wants To Benefit From Ex-Arsenal Star
- Talented Midfielder Anjorin Thanks Axed Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard
- Everton Coach Ancelotti Provides Positive Fitness Update On Super Eagles Playmaker
- Leicester Boss Hints Iheanacho Is Going Nowhere Amid Striker's Link With RB Leipzig, Fenerbahce
- 'The Beast' Akinfenwa Thanks Tottenham Hotspur Coach Mourinho For Kind Words
- Pictured : QPR's Osayi-Samuel Lands In Istanbul Ahead Of Unveiling By Fenerbahce
- Official : Ogbeta Ends Nine-Year Association With Manchester City By Signing For The Blues
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football