Genk's Onuachu Equals Personal Single-Season Scoring Record After Hat-trick Vs KAS EupenPublished: January 07, 2021
Paul Onuachu has equaled his personal single-season scoring record for league matches only after netting his first hat-trick in Racing Genk's colours in their 4-1 rout of KAS Eupen on Wednesday night, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
His personal best of eighteen goals in the league was first set during the 2016-2017 season while at FC Midtjylland.
That same season, the FC Ebedei product had his most productive season as a professional in terms of goals scored with 23 in all competitions, and it's a record that might be broken by the number 18 this term.
Genk took the lead through Junya Ito in the ninth minute but Eupen were back on level terms five minutes later thanks to Stef Peeters.
Then the Onuachu show started with the Nigeria international firing a left-footed shot past goalkeeper Théo Defourny to make it 2-1 at minute 42.
Two minutes into the second half, he converted from the spot to increase the lead before scoring another penalty kick on the hour mark to wrap up the scoring.
Onuachu is aiming to become the third Nigerian player to be crowned top scorer in the Belgian top-flight after Tosin Dosunmu and Joseph Akpala won the accolade in the 2005-2006 and 2007-2008 season respectively.
Photo Credit : krcgenk.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football