FA Cup : Wycombe Wanderers' Onyedinma, West Brom's Ajayi Score With HeadersPublished: January 09, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round up of the Nigeria-eligible players who found the net for their respective clubs in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday, January 9.
Wycombe Wanderers are through to the fourth round after an excellent 4-1 win against fellow Championship side Preston North End at Adams Park.
As many as four players of Nigerian descent were in action for the Chairboys; Uche Ikpeazu and Fred Onyedinma started in attack while Everton loanee Dennis Adeniran and Adebayo Akinfenwa entered the game as substitutes in the 66th and 76th minute respectively.
The home team took an early lead in the third minute thanks to Onyedinma who headed home after an inviting cross from a teammate, before Joe Jacobson converted a penalty won by Ikpeazu six minutes later.
At Bloomfield Road, West Brom lost 3-2 on penalties to third-tier side Blackpool.
Jerry Yates gave the home team the lead in the 40th minute but Ajayi restored parity when he rose highest to head a Grosicki cross into the bottom corner in the 52nd minute - his first goal in the FA Cup proper.
The game had to be settled by penalties as both teams were deadlocked at 2-2 at the end of extra-time.
Photo Credit : wycombewanderers.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Fulham's Lookman Earns Praise From Barcelona Legend For Composed Finish Vs Manchester United
- Nigerian Winger Scores Galatasaray's 500th Goal In Official Matches At Turk Telekom Stadium
- 'He Works Really Hard' - Fulham's Aina Admits Bobby Reid Will Be A Big Miss Vs Man Utd
- Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Monitoring Situation Of Ex-Chelsea Midfielder Musiala
- 'I've Scored Four With My Left foot!' - Ndidi On His Superb Strike Against Chelsea
- Confirmed : Queens Park Rangers Loan Out Tottenham Academy Product Of Nigerian Descent
- German Club RB Leipzig Chasing Leicester City's Nigeria International
- 'We Want To Win Everything' - PSV Eindhoven's Madueke After Scoring 8th Goal Of The Season
- Besiktas Interested In Signing Manchester United's Ighalo After Missing Out On Mandzukic
- 'They Haven't Found Someone' - Leicester Hero Heskey Insists Iheanacho Can't Be The New Vardy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football