Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil Reveals He Wrote 'Okocha I0' On The Back Of His Fenerbahce ShirtPublished: January 11, 2021
In a question and answer session on twitter, Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil revealed his admiration for Super Eagles legend Austin Okocha, saying he had a replica of the midfielder's Fenerbahce jersey as a kid.
The 2014 World Cup winner has hinted that a move to the Yellow Canaries could be on the cards in the January transfer window, and he has also been linked with a transfer to Major League Soccer.
Asked what name and number he wrote behind the Fenerbahce shirt he wore when he was younger, Ozil replied : "Number 10 and Jay Jay Okocha".
Okocha played for Fenerbahce for two years, between 1996 and 1998, after joining the Istanbul club from Eintracht Frankfurt.
He enjoyed success at Fenerbahce, helping the club win the Prime Minister's Cup in 1998 and made six appearances for the Istanbul club in the UEFA Champions League.
Blessed with outrageous skills and immense ball control, the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner was the most expensive player sold by a Turkish club when he joined PSG in the summer of 1998 after starring at the World Cup hosted by France.
Okocha scored an impressive 30 goals and set up sixteen others in 62 games in the Turkish top-flight while at Fenerbahce.
Photo Credit : cnnturk.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Fulham's Lookman Earns Praise From Barcelona Legend For Composed Finish Vs Manchester United
- Nigerian Winger Scores Galatasaray's 500th Goal In Official Matches At Turk Telekom Stadium
- 'He Works Really Hard' - Fulham's Aina Admits Bobby Reid Will Be A Big Miss Vs Man Utd
- Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Monitoring Situation Of Ex-Chelsea Midfielder Musiala
- 'I've Scored Four With My Left foot!' - Ndidi On His Superb Strike Against Chelsea
- Confirmed : Queens Park Rangers Loan Out Tottenham Academy Product Of Nigerian Descent
- German Club RB Leipzig Chasing Leicester City's Nigeria International
- 'We Want To Win Everything' - PSV Eindhoven's Madueke After Scoring 8th Goal Of The Season
- Besiktas Interested In Signing Manchester United's Ighalo After Missing Out On Mandzukic
- 'They Haven't Found Someone' - Leicester Hero Heskey Insists Iheanacho Can't Be The New Vardy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football