Nigeria-Eligible Winger Makes Senior Debut For Celtic Three Years After Leaving ArsenalPublished: January 12, 2021
Nigeria-eligible youngster Armstrong Okoflex made his debut for Scottish Premiership giants Glasgow Celtic as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Hibernian on Monday night, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Celtic were faced with a coronavirus crisis before the match at Celtic Park with several first team players self-isolating upon their return from a mid-season training camp in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
As many as thirteen first team players were unavailable for the fixture vs Hibernian, so stand-in manager Gavin Strachan in the absence of Neil Lennon and John Kennedy promoted from within.
Wearing the number 48 on the back of his jersey, Okoflex came off the bench to replace Cameron Harper in the 61st minute for his professional debut.
The 18-year-old joined Celtic in the summer of 2018 after turning down a scholarship offered to him by Arsenal.
His first ever squad involvement before the match against Hibernian was against Kilmarnock on February 17, 2019 and he was also a non-playing substitute vs Heart of Midlothian three months later.
Okoflex's contract with Celtic runs out in June 2021 and he has attracted interest from Premier League side Crystal Palace.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- New Chelsea Boss Tuchel Holds Private Discussion With Nigeria-Eligible Winger In First Training Session
- Van de Beek, Bruno Fernandes, Lingard React As Ighalo Announces Departure From Man Utd
- 'He Insisted Playing Oscar Over Moses' - Ex-Chelsea Winger Blasts Mourinho For Snubbing Nigerian
- 'Great Honor For Me To Play With Ozil' - Osayi-Samuel Wants To Benefit From Ex-Arsenal Star
- Talented Midfielder Anjorin Thanks Axed Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard
- Everton Coach Ancelotti Provides Positive Fitness Update On Super Eagles Playmaker
- Leicester Boss Hints Iheanacho Is Going Nowhere Amid Striker's Link With RB Leipzig, Fenerbahce
- 'The Beast' Akinfenwa Thanks Tottenham Hotspur Coach Mourinho For Kind Words
- Pictured : QPR's Osayi-Samuel Lands In Istanbul Ahead Of Unveiling By Fenerbahce
- Official : Ogbeta Ends Nine-Year Association With Manchester City By Signing For The Blues
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football