Cologne Sporting Director Pours Cold Water On Reports Linking Ehizibue With FiorentinaPublished: January 14, 2021
Speaking at a press conference on Thursday afternoon, Cologne sporting director Horst Heldt addressed rumours linking Kingsley Ehizibue with an imminent switch to Italian Serie A club Fiorentina.
The Munich-born wing-back was a hit in his first season at Cologne, leading to a maiden call-up to the Super Eagles squad for their Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sierra Leone which was later postponed.
In the current season, Ehizibue has found himself out of favour at the Billy Goats, making four starts from a possible seventeen in all competitions and as a result has been linked with a departure from the club he joined in the summer of 2019.
"I also read the articles about Kingsley Ehizibue. There is no contact with other clubs, however," Heldt told reporters.
Ehizibue has not played much this season because of concerns about his fitness but the former Netherlands U21 international is making progress and almost in tip-top condition.
Manager Gisdol said : "Kingsley Ehizibue was in a bit of a hole but he is trained well and is on the way back again. It's good to see".
Ehizibue is under contract with Cologne until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/kingsleyehiz
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football