England Move To Beat Nigeria To Promising Arsenal Goalkeeper Brian OkonkwoPublished: January 15, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the English Football Association are in the driving seat for promising goalkeeper Brian Okonkwo.
The 2005-born gloveman qualifies to represent Nigeria through his parents but the Football Association have made the first move to provisionally cap-tie him after officially inviting him for a Young Lions training camp late last year.
Brian's older brother, Arthur Okonkwo is also a goalkeeper, currently playing for Arsenal U23s team and has trained with the first team on countless occasions.
Brian Okonkwo predominantly plays for the Gunners U15 team and has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of his older brother by signing a scholarship with the north London club before the start of the 2022-2023 season.
Despite his teenage years, Brian boasts cat-like reflexes, has good command of his box and has showcased his ability to stop shots.
He won't be provisionally cap-tied to England until he plays competitively for their U17 national team.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football