Arsenal Willing To Let Balogun Leave In January; Striker Wants To Play In Europe's Top 5 LeaguesPublished: January 15, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that English Premier League club Arsenal are willing to sanction the sale of Nigerian youngster Folarin Balogun in the January transfer window.
The Gunners' priority is for the talented striker to remain at the club by putting pen to paper on a new long-term contract this month but they are mindful of the fact that he would leave for nothing or a nominal fee if he doesn't extend his stay.
Arsenal will entertain offers for Balogun as they are looking to recoup some of their investment in the 19-year-old who has been at the Emirates Stadium for more than ten years.
The Hale End Academy product wants guaranteed first-team football before committing his future to his boyhood club but Arsenal won't let him eat his cake and have it.
Arsenal have no intention of bringing him into the first team squad and handing him minutes unless he signs on the dotted line and that influenced the decision of manager Mikel Arteta to leave him out of the squad vs Newcastle United last weekend despite the striker training with the first team before the game.
The Gunners hierarchy believe Balogun would be alerting more clubs before potentially leaving the club on a free transfer if he is brought into the first team and does well.
Though some EFL Championship clubs are interested in Balogun's services, he has made it clear that he wants to play in Europe's top five leagues in the event that he departs Arsenal.
This website can confirm that RB Leipzig have not directly approached Arsenal over a move for Balogun but there's a 'bit of interest' from the German Bundesliga club and nothing has been agreed or signed.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football