Burkina Faso 0 Nigeria 1 : Papo Finishes Off Brilliant Team Goal As Eaglets Qualify For U17 AFCONPublished: January 15, 2021
Five-time world champions Nigeria have qualified for the 2021 U17 Africa Cup of Nations holding in Morocco courtesy of their hard-fought 1-0 win against Burkina Faso in the zonal qualifiers on Friday evening.
The defending champions of WAFU-UFOA B struggled to create clear cut chances in the first half as both teams went into the break level.
Thirteen minutes from time, Michael Emmanuel Papo scored the only goal of the game as he managed to slot the ball home despite the futile attempts of the Burkina Faso goalkeeper to stop him from shooting.
There were five passes in the build up to the brilliant team goal finished by the Golden Eaglets number 8.
Nigeria will meet either Ivory Coast or Republic of Niger in the final of the WAFU B U17 Tournament at the Stade de Kégué, Lomé on Monday, January 18.
The Fatai Amoo-led side narrowly lost 1-0 to the Baby Elephants in their opener and played out a 1-1 draw with the Black Starlets in their second group game.
Nigeria Starting XI : Destiny Emuwahem, Abdulahi Bewene, Victor Udoh, Joseph Kuteyi, Vinci Osuji, Chukwuemeka Egbu(C), John Emmanuel, Samuel Akere, Michael Emmanuel, Christian Nwachukwu, Peter Asuquo
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Tottenham Hotspur striker Etete hoping to catch Mourinho's Eye
- Manchester United product Kehinde reveals what he must do to break into Super Eagles squad
- Awoniyi's Super Eagles hopes go up in smoke as Union Berlin coach confirms striker is unavailable
- Nigeria-eligible defender tipped to depart Arsenal in summer, after thirteen years of service
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football