'This Is What He Signed For Palace For' - Ex-Spurs Star Backs Eze To Shine Vs Man CityPublished: January 17, 2021
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson won't be able to count on the services of his standout player Wilfried Zaha for the ongoing game against Manchester City as the Ivory Coast international picked up an injury against Arsenal.
Without a player of Zaha's quality in the Eagles side, former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Michael Brown believes it is an opportunity for Eberechi Eze to step up his game.
The England U21 international of Nigerian descent starts on the right of a five-man midfield also featuring James McCarthy, James McArthur, Andros Townsend and Luka Milivojevic.
Eze is already proving to be an exciting signing for Crystal Palace and is making his seventeenth appearance in the top-flight against Manchester City.
"It's a really fascinating start. Eberechi Eze needs to step up I believe he'll get a bit of space," Brown said on BBC Radio 5 Live.
"This is what he signed for Crystal Palace for, he's got to shine."
Eze was involved in four goals in his last ten Premier League matches before Crystal Palace visited the Etihad Stadium.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Red-hot Tottenham Hotspur striker Etete hoping to catch Mourinho's Eye
- Manchester United product Kehinde reveals what he must do to break into Super Eagles squad
- Awoniyi's Super Eagles hopes go up in smoke as Union Berlin coach confirms striker is unavailable
- Nigeria-eligible defender tipped to depart Arsenal in summer, after thirteen years of service
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football